YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Duquesne Week

<< < (2/4) > >>

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: Double ET on August 29, 2022, 03:57:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on August 29, 2022, 03:35:49 PM ---Well, it is gameweek folks! I am very excited for the start of the season. Duquesne did have the advantage of playing a week 0 game (against Florida State losing 47-7). I think the guins come ready to play their first game and get a comfortable win margin. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

I watched highlights of that game. The big plays of FSU’s running destroyed the Dukes. They had difficulty In tackling the ball carriers.

We need to get our ground game going. The Dukes really didn’t look all that bad. We need to be cautious.

Remembering the Butler game…..

--- End quote ---

Oh I know. I just don't think that the guins will overlook this team. I truly don't believe that is the type of culture that DP is trying to establish.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on August 29, 2022, 05:50:06 PM ---Don't underestimate any opponent.   Remember Duquesne made the playoffs.

--- End quote ---

They didn't make the playoffs since 2018, not that means much. They are a good team. Their defensive line seemed disruptive to Florida State's offensive line at times.

ytownchief22:
Going to be an interesting season. I expect better results but how much exactly?...

Kandrase:
I’m pretty optimistic. The 4 big losses we had last year we’re to UNI THE DSUs and a big ten school. Besides that we lost 2 by 3 points and blew one halftime lead. Not to mention all three teams we did beat made the playoffs.
We also played zero cupcake games last year.

I guess what I’m saying is we were pretty close to a .500 quality team in 21, so I could see this being a 7 win season at least

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on August 30, 2022, 10:45:26 PM ---I’m pretty optimistic. The 4 big losses we had last year we’re to UNI THE DSUs and a big ten school. Besides that we lost 2 by 3 points and blew one halftime lead. Not to mention all three teams we did beat made the playoffs.
We also played zero cupcake games last year.

I guess what I’m saying is we were pretty close to a .500 quality team in 21, so I could see this being a 7 win season at least

--- End quote ---

Kandrase I like your optimism! I am also optimistic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version