YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League MBB opens tonight

<< < (2/4) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
This team needs some good luck to come there way .   Between injuries and key players exiting to the portal it's been fustrating.   WE need the transfers to play lights out if we're going to be competitive.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on December 02, 2021, 03:28:59 PM ---This team needs some good luck to come there way .   Between injuries and key players exiting to the portal it's been fustrating.   WE need the transfers to play lights out if we're going to be competitive.

--- End quote ---

Yes I agree.  Everything was building up to a tremendous year last season then COVID hit disrupting things, DQ got hurt and never seemed right after that.  Even losing him and Naz, I was still excited about this year with Akuchie, Covington & Thomas returning and liked what I saw from Hunter, Ogoro, and Rathan-Mayers last year.  And besides those guys, I thought several of the other newcomers were very athletic.  Shame of it is this team could and should be 4-1, and figure were only down 6 to Penn-State on the road with 7 mins remaining. 

I still think this team can be successful.  It appears Oakland and CSU are the teams to beat but everyone else seems to have their issues this far and Wright St and NKU appear to be down.  I think it's all about meshing and a new game plan now with all Covington. 

ucfpengbuck:
Thought we would lose when UWM was up double digits.  Thanks to coach using the press and Owen Long we pulled this one out 70 -68.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on December 02, 2021, 10:08:25 PM ---Thought we would lose when UWM was up double digits.  Thanks to coach using the press and Owen Long we pulled this one out 70 -68.

--- End quote ---

When Owen Long missed the second FT (up by 2), I thought we were heading to OT. UWM had a good look, but missed a short jump shot.
Good win on the road tonight.

ucfpengbuck:
Our two leading scorers were Long & Olison that played D3 and NAIA basketball last season.  Not sure if thats a bad or good thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version