YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League MBB opens tonight

(1/4) > >>

mudclods:
With all 12 Horizon League schools playing each other twice this season, conference play begins early this year with a pair of games before concluding non-conference play.  YSU heads to Wisconsin to play Milwaukee tonight and Green Bay Saturday.  Milwaukee is 1-5 losing 5 straight and has been without Pat Baldwin, Jr.  Haven't heard if he's playing tonight or not but it sounded like it was a possibility.  GB meanwhile is 1-5 winning their last time out against D3 UW-Superior.  Heading into conference play, only Oakland and CSU have winning records; 6 of the 12 schools only have 1 win and Detroit & RMU have yet to win. 

Milwaukee opened as a 7-point favorite but the line has dropped to between 5-6.  Will be interesting to see how YSU plays, and the game plan without Covington.  YSU was hit with an illness early last week and didn't practice most of the week.  Sounds like some guys that were probably going to redshirt may now play with Covington out for the year, I believe Grayson Kelley as well and Vargo in the portal. 

Penguin Nick:
Is Covington definitely out for the year?  If so, my interest is going to be close to zero and it's going to be a very long year.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on December 02, 2021, 12:12:40 PM ---Is Covington definitely out for the year?  If so, my interest is going to be close to zero and it's going to be a very long year.

--- End quote ---

Yes he is...terrible misfortune

Double ET:

--- Quote from: mudclods on December 02, 2021, 12:21:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on December 02, 2021, 12:12:40 PM ---Is Covington definitely out for the year?  If so, my interest is going to be close to zero and it's going to be a very long year.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Since he was never red shirted, could he get another year of eligibility (only playing in 3 games this year)?

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Double ET on December 02, 2021, 12:37:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: mudclods on December 02, 2021, 12:21:15 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Since he was never red shirted, could he get another year of eligibility (only playing in 3 games this year)?

--- End quote ---

I believe Coach Calhoun said that was a possibility in his press conference this week

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version