YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU @ NDSU

(1/12) > >>

lakesbison:
Well, 2 weeks away! Sunday Feb 21. 
*NDSU had a State Wrestling Tournament to go around & they thought a stand alone sunday game might intrique some NFL sunday fans*

sounds like 9500 fans will be at the Fargodome.

NDSU lost QB Trey Lance, but Iowa St Transfer Zeb Noland will take over (he had a 300+ yard game vs Oklahoma 2 years ago, so he's very capable)

Lost some OL and RB to Western Kentucky.

I have no idea how YSU is looking, fill us in, is there any buzz about this game, or spring season in general?

ucfpengbuck:
YSU isn't getting anything close to a starter from a power 5 conference at any position an QB is a big question mark.   New coaching staff after Pelini era left the program in the bottom third of the MVC.
We're like Rutgers going into a season opener at Columbus.   Hope I'm wrong .  Not seeing a lot of experience or depth at any position.

Wick250:
Lakes, in 2019 I suggested to you that you could name the score since the YSU team had quit on Pelini.  You were skeptical until about 10 minutes into the first quarter. This will be another awful mismatch, although the climate is different. President Tressel was compelled by community pressure to accept Bo Pelini as head football coach.  That turned out to be a disaster.  Doug Phillips is Tressel's hand-picked choice. In the long term, we are somewhat confident that he will rebuild the program. But right now we have very little talent. Collectively, the senior and junior classes are the worst I have every seen. Hope resides in the redshirt and true freshmen but they are no threat to you.  Maybe in 2023.

ytownchief22:
This team will go as far as the transfers take them. QB and OL play is concerning.

Florida
Cincinnati x2
Eastern Michigan
Bowling Green
Syracuse
Buter CC
Lehigh
Findlay

The YO Show:
Chief, question for you. I had a feeling we would still be hurting at oline for the foreseeable future after last year's showing. However, I saw that there was a decent amount of linemen in the signees and other pickups that we got going all the way back to the 2020 signing period and summer.

Is this going to be a position that will be better in the future, but still suspect due to youth?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version