YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs Robert Morris

<< < (3/3)

YSU1:
It is not because of the fan noise

guinpen:
Of course I am happy that we won but it should have never gone to OT. Hope that with DQ back we will improve every game.

mudclods:
2 most important things are YSU wins both games & DQ is back.  But yeah neither game should have went to OT especially game 2 (basically never trailed), both should have been closed out something this team did consistently last year that they're lacking this year.   I really liked the defensive effort in game 2, that was also reminiscent of last year.  Up 11 with 15 mins to go and the way Robert Morris was struggling to score, I didn't think there was anyway they would have a shot to win. 

Robert Morris is certainly better than their record so let's not take anything away from the wins...4 OT losses this year and were shutdown several times this year.

24 rebounds for Akuchie is unbelievable.  He was great both games and I think that was a big key outside of DQ being back. 

I wondered why Mayes didn't play and then Coach said he had his toe stepped on in game 1 and has to get an x-ray, hopefully that's nothing serious.   

Penquin68:
DQ made the difference in both games. Would have lost both without him. Big help all game, but especially at the end of both games.  Again the new guys didn't contribute much.  Vargo had 2 big 3's and Miles Hunter a big basket at the end of game 2 which was crucial. They need more time to get ready for this level of competition. Also Michael was huge. He needs to spend more time inside and less outside the 3 point line. He and Naz could make a great complementary pair inside.  With DQ back we have a good chance this weekend for a sweep.  Hope so anyway.  He doesn't seem to be favoring the ankle like he did early in the year, but he is not quite back to his old self.  He makes everyone on the team better.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on February 07, 2021, 10:48:43 AM ---DQ made the difference in both games. Would have lost both without him. Big help all game, but especially at the end of both games.  Again the new guys didn't contribute much.  Vargo had 2 big 3's and Miles Hunter a big basket at the end of game 2 which was crucial. They need more time to get ready for this level of competition. Also Michael was huge. He needs to spend more time inside and less outside the 3 point line. He and Naz could make a great complementary pair inside.  With DQ back we have a good chance this weekend for a sweep.  Hope so anyway.  He doesn't seem to be favoring the ankle like he did early in the year, but he is not quite back to his old self.  He makes everyone on the team better.

--- End quote ---

Agree 100% with all this.  I was going to post earlier that I still don't think DQ is 100% either.  He just doesn't seem to have the quickness he had last year to drive the basket; that was the case early in the season as well. 

Hopefully Monday's game will give the freshman some more valuable game experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version