YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs Robert Morris

(1/3) > >>

YSU1:
Just what the Guins need a game with Bobby Morris.

Double ET:
Coach said in his weekly press conference that DQ was not expected to play this weekend.

Double ET:
Pull this one out in OT. DQ was the difference.

mudclods:
You could just see the difference in how much smoother the offense runs with DQ in there.  Thought he had a great game for not playing in 6 weeks.  Coach had said how good of a shooter Kelley is and he was impressive as well.  The fact YSU overcame those dagger 3's at both the end of the first half and regulation and still was able to win was good to see, as well as that phantom foul on Naz in OT that gave RMU a free point.  Was good to see Akuchie knock down 3 of 4 from 3's and YSU sealed it from the foul line.

You just have to wonder how good YSU could have been if it wasn't for COVID and the injuries to DQ, Kelley & Thomas. 

ucfpengbuck:
"You just have to wonder how good YSU could have been if it wasn't for COVID and the injuries to DQ, Kelley & Thomas".

Mud,that line describes the actuality of the season imop.

Loved having DQ back but his 4 of 16 was as bad as he'll play and credit that for a lack of game reps which is both physical and mental.  I could see in his body language that he's not his usual 100% confident but if the ankle is fine DQ will back to killing it.  It's just a matter of time or reps.

Greyson Kelly at first glance blew me away with going 3 of 4 and 2 of 2 from three and drilled  both of his free throws.  I have a tendency to over hype but if that is a microcosim of what he brings then please give him more than 15 minutes.

Naz was his usual dominant in the paint and Covington & Akuchie played like seniors you would expect. 

Glad to have a couple of guys back from injuries and not being too dependent on the frosh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version