YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Future of YSU sports

<< < (5/8) > >>

YSUGO:
Looks like the football coaching staff was reduced by 4 coaches .

YSUGO:
We had to refund 3 million in student fees due to the university being closed.  The athletic dept was supported with student fee money without we cannot sustain  D1 full sports slate of teams?  Is D2 on the the radar screen the next few years.  I think it should be.  I love our sports but we cannot compete without solid funding. 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on May 29, 2020, 04:38:33 PM ---We had to refund 3 million in student fees due to the university being closed.  The athletic dept was supported with student fee money without we cannot sustain  D1 full sports slate of teams?  Is D2 on the the radar screen the next few years.  I think it should be.  I love our sports but we cannot compete without solid funding.

--- End quote ---

No

Wick250:
Keep everything in perspective.  All athletic programs below the big time level are struggling with finances.  Everybody will be cutting staff.  Right now I am pleased that we have retained every one of our sports.  We definitely will not miss any fired administrators, and we might just discover that we had more assistant coaches than we really needed.

goodnews:
Are they moving forward on the new turf?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version