YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Future of YSU sports

<< < (8/8)

goodnews:
I believe the Athletic Department has already been trimmed but what is the plan now?  How many get-to-know videos can the SID staff do?  I just cant see pouring money down the drain for what?

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  There are four full-time staff working in the Sports Information Department.  For a smaller D-1 program that needs to cut costs that ridiculous.   I know times are changing and there may be more sports, but when Greg Gulas was there was a one man band.  I would also make the case that Greg got a lot media coverage for YSU as well.

IAA Fan:
I only know of 3 full-timers in the SI department. Trevor is in charge of the department, has 1/2 website duties and spends most of his time with FB. Jamie Does publishing (programs and paper), SB, MBB and Track/XC. John was part-time, now full. He is the other half of the web and used to focus more on women's sports. Now, the sports are divided more equally between them. I am not sure if that is overstaffed, but I would not think so.

When Greg started, we were just transitioning from DII to DI and he had people as well. later in his tenure a full staff. Remember that we did not even have a full time AD for quite some time (although Malmisar was full-time). coaches worked things out themselves. Tressel became AD with a small stipend being added to his salary. That was the only thing that got his income up over $100k. I do not have a list, but we have had 11 AD's (including Strollo).

goodnews:
I think its fair to say with no competition they're overstaffed.  If things don't start backup until 2021 that will have been 10 months of a lot of idle time and expense. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version