YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Gail and Terry Moore Endow Scholarship To Alma Mater

<< < (2/4) > >>

IAA Fan:
Back to what we were chatting about earlier, this will likely be a basketball scholarship.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Double ET on March 31, 2020, 12:18:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on March 31, 2020, 09:13:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on March 30, 2020, 07:56:28 PM ---As I recall one of our big games each year back then was against Philadelphia Textile, does that sound right?

--- End quote ---

I remember the coach of Philadelphia Textile throwing a chair after losing to us at Beeghly.   

Terry Moore if i'm correct started all four years.   He had a nice shot but hardly ever shot since he was a pass first type of point guard all 40 minutes.

--- End quote ---

I am trying to remember, I think he played right after Billy Johnson.
Beside Philly textile, Gannon College was also the big game of the year. As if only yesterday, I remembered watching Ohio U on the opening of our new gymnasium.

--- End quote ---

You're correct about Gannon. I was at the OU game, recall that they had some hotshot player but I do not recall his name, thinking a guard..

Wick250:
guinpen,

The OU player was Walter Lockert (or something like that.)  He appeared on the freakin' cover of Sports Illustrated a few weeks before our game.  Nobody could understand how OU got one of the most prized recruits in the country.  Turns out he never amounted to anything special.

jbags:
Talked to former Penguin great Gerald Parks about a month ago . He reffed a Rocky River game, as I'm  living up here now. He said he still keeps in touch with Frank Andrews , who's back in Indy, and Terry Moore in Canton. He told me Terry's daughter is the girls coach at Canton Hoover H. S. Those were some great teams!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on March 31, 2020, 01:31:52 PM ---guinpen,

The OU player was Walter Lockert (or something like that.)  He appeared on the freakin' cover of Sports Illustrated a few weeks before our game.  Nobody could understand how OU got one of the most prized recruits in the country.  Turns out he never amounted to anything special.

--- End quote ---
Yes, I remember his first name was Walter. His last name was something like Lucket. In the pregame interview, he said he joined OU because he could start right away. As I recall, he didn’t do much in that game either.
We did pack the place that night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version