YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Gail and Terry Moore Endow Scholarship To Alma Mater

<< < (3/4) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: jbags on March 31, 2020, 05:27:16 PM ---Talked to former Penguin great Gerald Parks about a month ago . He reffed a Rocky River game, as I'm  living up here now. He said he still keeps in touch with Frank Andrews , who's back in Indy, and Terry Moore in Canton. He told me Terry's daughter is the girls coach at Canton Hoover H. S. Those were some great teams!

--- End quote ---

Was there a guy named Anderson on the team with Andrews

ucfpengbuck:

Was there a guy named Anderson on the team with Andrews
[/quote]

Gary Anderson was a 6-8 center and started his freshman season with Terry.  I think he went to General Braddock HS in Pittsburgh.   Gary didn't start after his freshman season with Jeff Covington coming in the following season.

YSU1:
It was very good Division 2 basketball.

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 31, 2020, 10:56:57 PM ---It was very good Division 2 basketball.

--- End quote ---

That team/era had five players that are in the YSU hall of fame.

1.Terry Moore
2.Gerald Parks
3.Jeff Covington
4.Tony Mitchell
5.Phil Gaston.

I posted in the past that every team we play in our league was D2 in the past with the exception of Detroit.  I don't think the talent now through out the league is better now than in the 70s .  I believe it's all relative.

guinpen:
Man, some great names from the past. Regardless of the level it was good basketball and fun to watch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version