YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Assistant Coaches

<< < (9/11) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on March 03, 2020, 03:05:24 PM ---  In the hunt for what?  Last year's team was 2-6 in the conference.   Even if Phillips is the answer, this will take time.  Look at the top teams in our conference, all are young, and now we add North Dakota.   Patience is going to be needed with an almost completely new staff.  I am pleased that Phillips moved on from all these Mooney coaches.

--- End quote ---
We could have won a couple of those.  This year we are light years ahead at QB over last year.  I'm in on the over vs. last year's 6-6 and in contention for the playoffs.  We'll see.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  Don't think Chief is being negative or a hater, but realistic.  How can anyone say we are ahead at QB over last year.  Craycraft is very average, and Waid is unproven.  I hope Waid emerges as a star.

Also, the non-conference schedule is much tougher this year. Yes, I know Akron may have been the worst team in FBS last year, but they are FBS, and likely will be improved.

YSU has so many question marks, beginning at coaching.  Phillips and his staff may emerge as the real deal, but I am not feeling it.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on March 04, 2020, 03:41:51 PM ---  Don't think Chief is being negative or a hater, but realistic.  How can anyone say we are ahead at QB over last year.  Craycraft is very average, and Waid is unproven.  I hope Waid emerges as a star.

Also, the non-conference schedule is much tougher this year. Yes, I know Akron may have been the worst team in FBS last year, but they are FBS, and likely will be improved.

YSU has so many question marks, beginning at coaching.  Phillips and his staff may emerge as the real deal, but I am not feeling it.

--- End quote ---

IMO Akron will be like our Samford game this year, , a decent test but we should win, I’ve seen on their message boards they they had a lot of transfers out.

In terms of QB, I’m pretty convinced Crenshaw will be the starter from day 1.

ytownchief22:
Just being realistic on my thoughts, nothing else.

go guins:
The negativity on the board is amazing to me.  If you gave Urban Meyer an under 125# team to coach, he'd have a winning record the first season and win the championship by the second season. Why?  Because he can coach.  I remember the negativity from Columbus when they hired Tressel because he has no 1A experience.  I believe a couple years later that went away.  Why?  Because he can coach.   Football is a sum zero game.  (all teams added together equal .500  Not one game over or under)  Look at the records and accomplishments of the new coordinators.  Why are there records so good?  Because they can coach! 
Where exactly do you guys think we are going to get assistants (or HC's) from?  Maybe Luke Fickle is ready to move on from Cinn and take over for Bo?  In large part because of the negativity in the Mahoning Valley NOTHING seems to be good enough.  You read this blog and you'd think we were 2-10 last year and they hired me to coach the team! 
Sorry, the negative attitude drains me.  I will go to the games, I will continue to cheer for the red and white, but not sure how much of this I will read. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version