YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Needs for football 2020

<< < (3/4) > >>

ytownchief22:
Can confirm OL coach John Peterson is staying.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
Chief, I am not a fan of Peterson, offensive line regressed significantly under Peterson.   He has coached at many places, but keeps moving from job to job, that is not a good sign.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on December 03, 2019, 11:21:16 AM ---It all begins with coaching:
1. Hire an aggressive Recruiting Coordinator who has connections with high school coaches.
2. Fire Brian Crist, hire an O Coordinator who is innovative and creative and coaches to his talent.
3. Tall corners, are corners are too small and lack ability to be physical.
4. Running backs are average, need stud.
4 O line is awful, is it the talent, the new O line coach, or both?

--- End quote ---
My opinion on your 5 points
1. Recruting would be helped with an agressive coordinator, but recruting is up to the "closer" also called the heae coach.
2. Agreed
3. Guys our size are all pro in the NFL, CBs are shorter than WR generally, issue is where are they, not how tall are they. Size is fine, talent has been a little off.  Younger guys showed reason to be hopeful however.
4. We haven't shown even average talent at RB, and we definitely need a stud.
4B Both

peteonastick:
1.  O-Line!!!  Athletic, maneuverable, footwork, can pull, get downfield!!
2.  D-Line!! - Athletic, quick, footwork and can stop the run!
3.  A stellar running back! - It has been the trademark of this program for years!
4.  D-Backs!  Can cover man, smart, can fill the run like maniacs (something our current defensive coordinator could not do) and lay the wood!
5.  QB's - at least two QB's that can play in this league!  Strong arm, leader, supported when makes mistake!  NDSU has Trey Lance for the next three years!  Waid must make giant strides over the course of the winter and spring! 

Also - bring back the spring game, later in the year if necessary so that the weather is not a factor but the fans need to see the product!  If you are worried about players getting hurt then control it more like Tressel did - Red Zone Scrimmage, etc...I think not having that game is a cop-out. 

IAA Fan:
Nice choices Stick. Yes, Bo does not have spring game because he does not have a complete product. I would further say that we need 2 running backs ... Thunder and Lightning.

Cook, Bellamy and Pace.
Adrian Brown and Jake Andreades
Tamron Smith and Leo Hawkins
Tamron Smith and Darnell Clark
Jamain Cook and Jody Webb

These twosomes span 3-decades and were just phenomenal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version