YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Needs for football 2020

(1/4) > >>

IAA Fan:
Okay here is something I would like to see us take a stab at.

* Corners
* Safeties
* Line Backers
* Defense End
* Defensive Line
* Offensive Line
* Tight-End
* Wide Receiver
* Running Back
* Quarterback
* Punt coverage
* Kicker
* Kick coverage
* Kick return
* Punt return
* Punter
To give us some football to talk about, during the off-season. I would like to each of us choose up to 5 things off of this list that you feel need the most work for 2020. If you pick more than one, feel free to rank them. I deliberately did not place coaching on this list, as we have little incite, but feel free to mention coaching on your choices. For example, if you think that a particular problem can be corrected with coaching (as opposed to player changes), by all means say so. Maybe we can create a smaller list with more detail off of this thread?

The YO Show:
1. Offensive Line
2. Defensive end
3. Corners
4. Running backs (this may not be as much an issue with a better line)
5. Safeties

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 01, 2019, 11:43:59 AM ---Okay here is something I would like to see us take a stab at.

* Corners
* Safeties
* Line Backers
* Defense End
* Defensive Line
* Offensive Line
* Tight-End
* Wide Receiver
* Running Back
* Quarterback
* Punt coverage
* Kicker
* Kick coverage
* Kick return
* Punt return
* Punter
To give us some football to talk about, during the off-season. I would like to each of us choose up to 5 things off of this list that you feel need the most work for 2020. If you pick more than one, feel free to rank them. I deliberately did not place coaching on this list, as we have little incite, but feel free to mention coaching on your choices. For example, if you think that a particular problem can be corrected with coaching (as opposed to player changes), by all means say so. Maybe we can create a smaller list with more detail off of this thread?

--- End quote ---

So we need an entirely new roster?

go guins:
We don't need to replace everything. I thought the cheerleaders were OK. 
1AA confused me at first also, but I believe he was listing everything so we could pick our individual priorities.  For me it’s coordinators (both) #1 OL #2  IF we get those two areas shaped up, I’m good to go.  HOWEVER OL isn’t that easy to work on quickly.  Almost every new recruit needs a redshirt year, and we need help in 2020.  I am extremely pleased with how the freshman played late in the season, and it gives me hope.  Would love to see Carl go back to D and a OC with spread formation experience on O for Waid.  Remember, we have Mark for 4 MORE YEARS!  Makes me want to say MAKE YSU GREAT AGAIN!

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 01, 2019, 11:43:59 AM ---Okay here is something I would like to see us take a stab at.

* Corners
* Safeties
* Line Backers
* Defense End
* Defensive Line
* Offensive Line
* Tight-End
* Wide Receiver
* Running Back
* Quarterback
* Punt coverage
* Kicker
* Kick coverage
* Kick return
* Punt return
* Punter

--- End quote ---

You didn't add coaching? How about adding D'alesios to your list. we definitely need to address those as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version