YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Basketball Season Ticket Fraud

(1/3) > >>

Wick250:
I have purchased season tickets for basketball since 1982, although in recent years I have attended the women's games but just a few men's games.  I bought the total package again this season, somewhat intrigued by the West Virginia game at the Covelli Center.  When my tickets arrived today, I checked to see where my seats would be for that WVU game.  Guess what?  That game was not included in the season ticket package.  I guess you are supposed to pay extra.  Isn't it odd that they neglected to mention that the WVU game would not be included with season ticket purchases BEFORE they took our money.  These idiots are qualified to run a graduate-level seminar with a topic like this: "How to Repel Fans That Are Trying To Support You."

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on October 24, 2019, 03:54:37 PM ---I have purchased season tickets for basketball since 1982, although in recent years I have attended the women's games but just a few men's games.  I bought the total package again this season, somewhat intrigued by the West Virginia game at the Covelli Center.  When my tickets arrived today, I checked to see where my seats would be for that WVU game.  Guess what?  That game was not included in the season ticket package.  I guess you are supposed to pay extra.  Isn't it odd that they neglected to mention that the WVU game would not be included with season ticket purchases BEFORE they took our money.  These idiots are qualified to run a graduate-level seminar with a topic like this: "How to Repel Fans That Are Trying To Support You."

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info. I still have no ideas how these guys and the parking guys manage to keep their jobs. What so special about the WV game? Butler was a much higher ranking team (eventual national runner up) than WV when we played them. That game was included in the package.
I wonder if the students will be charged for that game (may be parking as well).
Way to go to satisfy you fan base.... or they could run a high school level seminar of "How to piss off you fans with deceptions"

ytownchief22:
Because it's being played at Covelli and not at YSU, it's considered technically a neutral site so they can't include it in the package for season tickets.

Wick250:
Chief,

Years ago we played Hiram at the Covelli Center, and that game was most definitely included in the season ticket package.  I call this fraud because they advertised the West Virginia game as a marquee attraction and then NEGLECTED to tell potential season ticket buyers that the game would not be included in the package.  In the private sector, that action could get you dragged into court.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on October 24, 2019, 05:49:54 PM ---Chief,

Years ago we played Hiram at the Covelli Center, and that game was most definitely included in the season ticket package.  I call this fraud because they advertised the West Virginia game as a marquee attraction and then NEGLECTED to tell potential season ticket buyers that the game would not be included in the package.  In the private sector, that action could get you dragged into court.

--- End quote ---

I agree it's ridiculous. I think it's obviously because of the type of opponent. Hiram brings nobody so they could include it. WVU will bring more people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version