YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Most Telling Stat

(1/4) > >>

penguinpower:
We gave up 22 unanswered points from the 7:22 mark of Q3 before scoring again......and our scores were gritty, low probability plays.

Bottom line is we don't have the depth the corn-shucker teams have. The 6-7 min mark of Q3 is when most FCS teams lose ground against FBS teams due to scholarship numbers. However, this is rarely the case for many of the midwestern states whose largest schools are playing at the FCS level. They take FBS full scholarship power 5 teams to the wire. I just don't know if we have that kind of depth. This is the reason why we cannot make mistakes.....because we cannot afford them because we can't overcome them against good teams.

The YO Show:
Our oline is weak this year too

ytownchief22:
O-Line stinks. Can't run the ball inside the tackles.

penguinpower:
We don’t have a power back to loosen up the LB’s either. We can’t run Allessi up the middle. He is not that kind of running back. That makes our OL look even more inept. I will say they aren’t bad but they would look better with a dedicated power back that had some speed. Perhaps what I mean is a feature back that can pound it between the tackles but also break it outside.

The YO Show:
I was hoping Braxton could be our big power back. We don't give him many carries either though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version