YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Most Telling Stat

<< < (2/4) > >>

penguinpower:
There is some hope .  If you recall the 2016 season, the team kept improving as the season wore on. The reason is that Pelini develops his underclassmen during the season and by the end of the year they van be pretty good. Last night we had redshirt freshman playing in the secondary. That is likely why we had the blown coverages. Get this corrected by the end of the year and now you've got some depth.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on October 12, 2019, 11:14:00 PM ---I was hoping Braxton could be our big power back. We don't give him many carries either though

--- End quote ---

Same here. But I don't think he can push the pile by himself.

ucfpengbuck:
What is the difference between the Corn-shucker schools(your label)and the YSU teams under Tressel.  We were playing for titles they were not.  Their population didn't grow and my uneducated guess thinks that the state of Youngstown might be smaller but not signifcant from the year 2000 when JT last coached.

Common denominator = Jim Tressel.   No knock on his predecsessors but Mr President doesn't walk through those doors very often.

After further checking on line the area looks to lost around 20% since 2000.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on October 14, 2019, 06:28:26 PM ---What is the difference between the Corn-shucker schools(your label)and the YSU teams under Tressel.  We were playing for titles they were not.  Their population didn't grow and my uneducated guess thinks that the state of Youngstown might be smaller but not signifcant from the year 2000 when JT last coached.

Common denominator = Jim Tressel.   No knock on his predecsessors but Mr President doesn't walk through those doors very often.

After further checking on line the area looks to lost around 20% since 2000.

--- End quote ---

It’s still not an excuse. Look at mount Union in d3, they’ve had to deal with the same population decline we have e and they’ve been winning titles since 1993. I understand the recruiting is a little different but still. A program with the facilities and legacy that we have has no business getting out recruited. We have the biggest stadium in our conference, the second best legacy and by far the most famous coach and president.

Personally I don’t think the issue is recruiting anyway, not 100% what the issue is, but we definitely have some talented football players out there.

The YO Show:
There are schools paying FCOA, and in our conference. If we want recruits, we have to start paying that and it is not cheap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version