YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2019 YSU Football prediction thread!

(1/3) > >>

YSUGO:
Practice is 8 days away and First game is August 24th.

Wick250:
Insufficient data right now to make a sensible guess.  Chief, any scoop on the recovery from injury (or lack thereof) by Justus Reed and Kyle Hegedus?  And can the new offensive line coach create an effective unit?  Having the services of the center from a prolific big time offense, even if for only one year, should be a sound foundation.

ytownchief22:
Justus should be a full go, not sure about Kyle. I would assume they'll be extra cautious with him coming off his 2nd ACL tear.

YSUGO:
I know it’s early.  Let’s have fun with this thread.  You can change it up till before week one!

Wick250:
OK, Go.  Since you insist.  Here are my preliminary impressions, subject to change at the end of fall practice.

Everything is based upon improved quarterback play, the result of internal competition.  And upon a restored defense.

4-0 OOC

Remember that Samford quarterback who threw on nearly every down in the 2016 playoff game.  Last season as a senior, he won the Walter Payton award and set the all-time FCS passing records.  Yet with that weapon, Samford finished only 6-5 in a weak conference.

Duquesne beat Towson from the CAA decisively in the playoffs last year, but then SDSU exterminated them in the next round. 

3-1 in MVFC home games

SDSU lost their elite quarterback.  NDSU lost their elite quarterback, lots of other seniors, and their coach.
We should win one of those games

If the defense is restored, we should beat Western Illinois and Illinois State.

2-2 best case; 1-3 worse case in MVFC road games

We can't beat UNI in that stupid gym.

We should lose no more than one to the combination of Southern Illinois, South Dakota, and Indiana State.
Dropping a third road game will cost us a spot in the playoffs

So I am going with 9-3.  We will probably get one inexplicable loss and finish 8-4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version