YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Baseball and Softball

(1/4) > >>

Penquin68:
I think Baseball is 0-13 and softball is 1-10.  Both have batting averages below 200 and many K's.  Some is against difficult southern competition, but not all.  I sure hope they have a turnaround or it will be a long season for them.

go guins:
My guess is it is already a long season for them! 
Softball has given up a TOTAL of 3 runs in our last 3 games and are 1-2 in those games.  We scored 4 to open the season and as many as 2 only twice since, having been shutout 4 times!  Really need some offensive help! 

Baseball is just the opposite giving up 10 runs a game.  We have held the opponents under 6 runs a game twice, and in those we have up 5 and 4 runs.  Scores look more like slow-pitch softball. 

Looks like coach Campbell needs hitters, and coach Bertolini could use some pitchers.

OleYSUfan:
go guins

Good analyses of the baseball and softball teams. Very little pitching for baseball and terrible hitting for the softball team. They will do better in the Horizon league, but it still will be a long, long season for both teams.

go guins:
While YSU baseball and softball aren't OSU football, but they have respectable records over the years and we have competent coaches.  We also usually suffer in the South to start the season and do better in the Horizon league.  Both these programs will get turned around, and if it isn't this year, at least going forward.

Wick250:
Here is the thing that is so perplexing and disturbing about the softball team.  We have hitters in that lineup that were productive last season.  Many are now performing at 100-200 points below their career stats.  We actually have a .400 hitter from last season who is struggling to stay about the Mendoza line!  Poor winter training habits?  Lack of motivation?  I have no idea.

Baseball is a big problem.  We just got annihilated by another northern team this weekend.  How much longer are we going to pump money into an expensive program that can't seem to compete?  Is the addition of the men's swimming team the beginning of the end?  I sure hope not but it would not shock me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version