YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Athletics to Add Men's Swimming & Diving, Women's Lacrosse Teams

<< < (2/8) > >>

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on February 25, 2019, 02:31:49 PM ---No wrestling?  The state of Ohio has become one of the top states in the country for high school wrestling.  We are missing out on a sport that people would pay to go see.

--- End quote ---

Bingo.  They used to have a wrestling program.  Not sure what year that ended ?

ytownchief22:
Would rather have wrestling or mens soccer. Swimming is a loser.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 25, 2019, 09:47:08 PM ---Would rather have wrestling or mens soccer. Swimming is a loser.

--- End quote ---
Wrestling is like ice hockey.  Those that are into it are REALLY into it, but to the rest of us -0-.  Other than football, basketball (2) nothing is going to be a home run, but soccer is the coming sport and we need to be in soccer going forward.

ysuhoops24:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 26, 2019, 08:31:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 25, 2019, 09:47:08 PM ---Would rather have wrestling or mens soccer. Swimming is a loser.

--- End quote ---
Wrestling is like ice hockey.  Those that are into it are REALLY into it, but to the rest of us -0-.  Other than football, basketball (2) nothing is going to be a home run, but soccer is the coming sport and we need to be in soccer going forward.

--- End quote ---

Have you been to a high school wrestling match around here?  It outdraws basketball games at most schools and the talent locally is superior to that of swimming and soccer.  I'm sorry, but I don't think people are going to line up to spend money to go to a soccer game over a wrestling match.  Wrestling matches at Beeghly would do very well with paid attendance with the cult-like following that wrestling has around here.  You want to talk an up and coming sport around here its wrestling. 

I'd gladly pay 20 dollars to not have to sit through a soccer game/match.

ysuhoops24:
but at the end of the day, when you are at the mercy of someone like Rick Love to market a sport/event your screwed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version