Author Topic: Akron Game  (Read 4539 times)

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Akron Game
« on: November 10, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »
Sitting here watching the men hey torn apart by Akron . Calhoun has major problems. No defense , dumb fouls, hoist up rotten sh noots, no rhythm to the offense at all. It's sad to watch , I know they're young but I expected more.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Akron Game
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 06:52:26 PM »
If you cant play half court defense why continue to attempt to trap and press?  The ONLY hope we have is this YOUNG team growing as a team and ready to contend in 2 years. 

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 07:19:54 PM »
Looks like another single-digit win year. Say problems year after year we play no defense and we can't shoot free throws and we have terrible second half. Nothing has changed

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 10:39:18 PM »
I was encouraged with the play during the Pitt game and thought if YSU shot an average game they would have had a chance to win.  They came out & shot lights out for most of the 1st half against Akron & opened up an 8-point lead, which could have easily been more; however, the lack of defense was worrisome that didn't allow them to build a bigger lead and you knew they couldn't keep shooting like that forever.  It was like once YSU started missing shots the tide turned so fast and you could feel it at the end of the 1st half. 

It was like once YSU got down 6 or 8 points it was over.  It just seemed like YSU was disinterested the 2nd half.    No intensity.  Seemed like they weren't even running an offense and looked like street ball.  That was one of the worst losses in awhile, and it's hard to even believe they were up 8.  Could have really been ugly otherwise. 

About the only bright spot was Pederson.  I do like Quisenberry.  He doesn't really play like a freshman.  I was really excited about Covington this year, but he hasn't shown much in the first 2 games.  I haven't seen the intensity from him like he brought last year.  Noticed Anabir hasn't gotten in this year even in this blowout.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 09:10:59 AM »
Had a problem on D as the zips worked high ball screen to perfection.   2nd half shots weren't following and their were some ill advised  ones .

Really impressed with Pedersen . Great length and plays with passion .  Needs to avoid silly fouls.    Quisenberry has a great future and it's tough playing the point as a true frosh .

Anyone know why antiba Taylor  was Mia?