YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

West Virginia

<< < (11/12) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 08, 2018, 08:59:31 PM ---Secondary stinks so bad.

--- End quote ---
These DBs are not good. However, with a Hiesman caliber QB having all day to throw the ball, no DB could cover the receivers for 10 seconds. So, I am not as hard on them this week as last week trying to cover non scholarship receivers and QB.
This year, they don't seems to know their assignments.... Too many open receivers running loose in the secondary.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: Double ET on September 08, 2018, 10:37:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 08, 2018, 08:59:31 PM ---Secondary stinks so bad.

--- End quote ---
These DBs are not good. However, with a Hiesman caliber QB having all day to throw the ball, no DB could cover the receivers for 10 seconds. So, I am not as hard on them this week as last week trying to cover non scholarship receivers and QB.
This year, they don't seems to know their assignments.... Too many open receivers running loose in the secondary.

--- End quote ---

Yes, leaving a guy wide open is not the result of all American talent it’s a mental mistake.

ytownchief22:
The safeties have no idea what they're doing. That's what happens when you are playing out of position as both of them are cornerbacks and not safeties. This team wins maybe 4 games this year.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 08, 2018, 11:14:44 PM ---The safeties have no idea what they're doing. That's what happens when you are playing out of position as both of them are cornerbacks and not safeties. This team wins maybe 4 games this year.

--- End quote ---

I was going to disagree and then I remember we don’t get to play misery state this year :'(

penguinpower:
This is what I expected
  Let's have some perspective.  First, I expected 60 points to be scored.  Second, we have lost several defensive players that were key allowing us to be respectable.  We are starting a QB that has little game experience.  We will struggle in our league, but we can get better.  I believe we have one of the youngest teams in the MVFC.  This was caused by Wolford running everyone off.  The jury on Pelini's recruiting is still out.  He would have been better off maintaining vs having to fill the giant class that has carried over since Wolford.  Pelini recruits certain positions or gets key people and fills the rest in.  With the challenges left after Wolford ran off so many Heacock players, we are still filling the void.  The team will get better as the year progresses but we have a senior QB and the young kids need to grow up fast.  I am not expecting much, but we have some talent, if coached well, can perform.  However the coaching is falling on Pelini's shoulders because we have unqualified Mooney people and others filling positions that they don't belong in.  If they can be taught, fine, but this year is unlikely what we want to see.  We've already got 2 losses and a gauntlet to run the remainder of the season
Much improved over last week, but any team that is unprepared like we were will not win anything substantial.  I hope to be proven wrong, but I am older than most and my experience tells me this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version