YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

West Virginia

<< < (12/12)

ytownchief22:
I'd feel ok so far if it weren't for Butler.... Missing 4 starters, 3 on the defensive side of the ball. Just don't have the depth on defense to make up for it. Kids playing big minutes who really shouldn't be playing. Especially at safety. We'll see as the year goes on.

YSUGO:
Sorry Penguinpower I dont see anything that shows we are going in the right direction.  We were confused on offense and we had to call timeout continuously because of it. Our offense couldnt do anything different because it’s obvious players don’t know the plays. We are still running a lot of read plays which means we will get to see our second and third string QB’s shortly.  In my opinion we need to see what we have at the position winning 5 or 6 games with a rent a qB does nothing.  Play the kids and we win 3 or 4 so be it.  Teams will take away the deep ball from us and things will get worse offensively. Defense what defense.  No pass rush poor tackling and their wrs did whatever the wanted against a secondary full of number 8’s. ( ex player ).The ONLY reason they didn’t get 60 was we wouldn’t rush and dropped coverages to keep my in front. WV DID want ever they Wanted in that game.  Then penalties would show up as well. I guess the best kicker is the same kid.  This is a 4 win team any more shows the league is down this year.   

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 09, 2018, 10:31:07 AM ---Sorry Penguinpower I dont see anything that shows we are going in the right direction.  We were confused on offense and we had to call timeout continuously because of it. Our offense couldnt do anything different because it’s obvious players don’t know the plays. We are still running a lot of read plays which means we will get to see our second and third string QB’s shortly.  In my opinion we need to see what we have at the position winning 5 or 6 games with a rent a qB does nothing.  Play the kids and we win 3 or 4 so be it.  Teams will take away the deep ball from us and things will get worse offensively. Defense what defense.  No pass rush poor tackling and their wrs did whatever the wanted against a secondary full of number 8’s. ( ex player ).The ONLY reason they didn’t get 60 was we wouldn’t rush and dropped coverages to keep my in front. WV DID want ever they Wanted in that game.  Then penalties would show up as well. I guess the best kicker is the same kid.  This is a 4 win team any more shows the league is down this year.

--- End quote ---

You have to have some perspective though. This wasn’t WVU from 2 years ago or Pitt from last year, this is a ranked team in a power 5 conference with a heisman candidate QB. This WVU team probably blows out our last 3 FBS opponents.

It’s like every year, we don’t really know what we have until we get into conference play. The Western Illinois game will give us some idea.

YSUGO:
Well I hope you are right guys.

YSU1:
Time to get ready for Valpo and maybe the first win of the season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version