YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Season is over

(1/10) > >>

penguinpower:
I say play the younger kids and get the QB's ready for next year.  If you are going to keep your unqualified coaching staff and train them on the fans dime, go ahead and get it out of the way.  This game was an abortion.  I have never seen a team play that poorly in my lifetime and I have seen some bad games and bad teams.  We aren't going anywhere this year and we will finish near the bottom.  I did not expect this type of struggle with this team.  We were outcoached and outplayed.  We are inept.

YSU1:
Did the coaches not tell the kids about the new rule with the pants. Kids want to wear shorts and play the game.
Concentrate on playing football.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 01, 2018, 06:49:52 PM ---I say play the younger kids and get the QB's ready for next year.  If you are going to keep your unqualified coaching staff and train them on the fans dime, go ahead and get it out of the way.  This game was an abortion.  I have never seen a team play that poorly in my lifetime and I have seen some bad games and bad teams.  We aren't going anywhere this year and we will finish near the bottom.  I did not expect this type of struggle with this team.  We were outcoached and outplayed.  We are inept.

--- End quote ---

Lol it’s one game. An out of conference game at that. No, losing to a glorified D3 team doesnt bode well for the season but saying the season is over is an over reaction. Like every other year we won’t know what we’re made of until conference play. So there’s plenty of time to get this team playing like an actual D1 school.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on September 02, 2018, 02:00:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 01, 2018, 06:49:52 PM ---I say play the younger kids and get the QB's ready for next year.  If you are going to keep your unqualified coaching staff and train them on the fans dime, go ahead and get it out of the way.  This game was an abortion.  I have never seen a team play that poorly in my lifetime and I have seen some bad games and bad teams.  We aren't going anywhere this year and we will finish near the bottom.  I did not expect this type of struggle with this team.  We were outcoached and outplayed.  We are inept.

--- End quote ---

Lol it’s one game. An out of conference game at that. No, losing to a glorified D3 team doesnt bode well for the season but saying the season is over is an over reaction. Like every other year we won’t know what we’re made of until conference play. So there’s plenty of time to get this team playing like an actual D1 school.

--- End quote ---

Kandrase while I agree with you to an extent, I will mention this. The coaches and players all said they thought they were ready and weren't. And pelini said the culture was closest it has been to what he wanted, and yet in the post disaster presser savon was saying that the team didn't take it serious and missed meetings this week ect that was poor prep. So if there can be such a disconnect between where we are and where pelini thought we are, along with the difference in discipline and culture, I think it's pretty clear we are in for a bad year. Hope I'm wrong but I see nothing to suggest otherwise.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 02, 2018, 03:42:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on September 02, 2018, 02:00:03 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Kandrase while I agree with you to an extent, I will mention this. The coaches and players all said they thought they were ready and weren't. And pelini said the culture was closest it has been to what he wanted, and yet in the post disaster presser savon was saying that the team didn't take it serious and missed meetings this week ect that was poor prep. So if there can be such a disconnect between where we are and where pelini thought we are, along with the difference in discipline and culture, I think it's pretty clear we are in for a bad year. Hope I'm wrong but I see nothing to suggest otherwise.

--- End quote ---

Yes, i understand the sentiment and the loss is a massive embarrassment and certainly a possible indicator of a bad season... however, I’ve watched this sport long enough to know that one game is just one game. If we beat WVU by 3 tds next week I’ll say the same thing, it’s just one game. I just don’t think 4 quarters of football is enough evidence to declare 2018 a failure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version