YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Season is over

<< < (2/10) > >>

guinpen:
Yesterday was easily my most unpleasant game day experience in over 45 years of watching YSU games and that includes the time I had my car broken into at Rayen Stadium.

Had to move to the West Side, chair back seats were nice except no room for the knees. Throw in a bunch of drinkers, smokers and unemployed coaches offering their advice. And oh yea the weather was a pain.

Now the game, players looked unprepared, uninspired and undisciplined.  No doubt that we were out coached big time. Bo has been here long enough, it is his team, his staff and his program. Maybe The Huskers knew something we are just figuring out.

Is the season over, of course not. Pretty sure we will start out 0-2 so the third game will tell me something. Let's see how the players and coaches react then we will know how the season will go.

ytownchief22:
Some of you predicted 8 wins! Lol.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 02, 2018, 07:44:21 PM ---Some of you predicted 8 wins! Lol.

--- End quote ---

When I am wrong I admit it, 8 wins is not going to happen.

ysuguins4:
While trying to stay positive, I think back to 2012 when Wolf beat Pitt and UNI to start the season 4-0.  I was thinking at the time this team's headed for a deep playoff run, and then they lose the next 4 and don't even make the playoffs.  Maybe this year will be the opposite.  Start out looking terrible, then go 7-2 to finish the regular season. 

In regards to Butler, they were probably the weakest team YSU has lost to during my years of attending, but I feel the loss to 1-9 MSU in 2011 with the playoffs on the line was the worst loss.

go guins:
While it doesn't look good, it also isn't hopeless and the season is over when the whistle blows in the last game.  If we don't want are kids to grow up losers, and our team and university to be losers, then we shouldn't teach them to be losers.  Let's support the Quins against Valpo and get ready for the league.  As to playing young QB's, that is a delicate thing, as you can destroy a young QB's confidence when you are just trying to give him experience.  We'have all seen than happen, so mop up etc. is fine, but benching Monty for Craycraft in preparation for next year is, IMO, not a good idea.  The issue has been pass rush and coverage, not QB play anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version