YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Tyler Hewlett

(1/4) > >>

go guins:
Per Vindy:

Tyler Hewlett appeared to be on the right track.

His standout performance on Austintown Fitch High School’s football team earned him a full scholarship to Youngstown State University.

He had designs on the starting running back position at YSU and a promise he could help coach at Fitch.

Then, in January 2017, he and others broke into an Austintown apartment and demanded “weed and money” at gunpoint.

Hewlett didn’t wield the gun, but his actions still earned him four years in prison Friday.

“Coach Tressel, now [YSU] President [James P.] Tressel, says, ‘Show me your friends, and I’ll show you your future,” said Judge Lou A. D’Apolito of Mahoning County Common Pleas Court. “In this case, that’s exactly what happened.”

ysuguins4:
Someone at work asked me about this kid.  He was the D1 co-defensive player of the year his senior year at Fitch, but I don't recall him ever being linked to YSU.

ytownchief22:
He wasn't. Just another kid who ruined their young life making dumb decisions with dumb people.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on January 30, 2018, 12:01:25 PM ---Someone at work asked me about this kid.  He was the D1 co-defensive player of the year his senior year at Fitch, but I don't recall him ever being linked to YSU.

--- End quote ---
got out of Fitch in the spring of 2014 and was not on YSU roster that fall.  best guess is somewhere between Fitch and YSU, drugs apparently won out.  Too bad.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 30, 2018, 01:26:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on January 30, 2018, 12:01:25 PM ---Someone at work asked me about this kid.  He was the D1 co-defensive player of the year his senior year at Fitch, but I don't recall him ever being linked to YSU.

--- End quote ---
got out of Fitch in the spring of 2014 and was not on YSU roster that fall.  best guess is somewhere between Fitch and YSU, drugs apparently won out.  Too bad.

--- End quote ---
Go, I am confused about the Vindy story. I also read it a few days ago. Vindy reported that he got the YSU scholarship before the theft in 2017.
You stated that he graduated from Fitch in 2014. What was he doing between 2014 and 2017?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version