YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Found our QB

<< < (4/5) > >>

YSUGO:
I have nothing against the kid but it is a pipe dream to think he will come in here and light up.  It pisses me off that we can’t get a top notch transfer. Mays needs to gain another 10 to 15 lbs to help him take the punishment next year.  If he couldn’t figure out an offense in 3 years.  What makes you think he will learn a new offense and be proficient.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on January 04, 2018, 09:32:50 PM ---I have nothing against the kid but it is a pipe dream to think he will come in here and light up.  It pisses me off that we can’t get a top notch transfer. Mays needs to gain another 10 to 15 lbs to help him take the punishment next year.  If he couldn’t figure out an offense in 3 years.  What makes you think he will learn a new offense and be proficient.

--- End quote ---

Maybe not at QB... Yet. But the rest of the transfers we get pay huge dividends.

IAA Fan:
It is hard to find a young transfer that has the potential to be top-notch, bigger schools "gobble them up". I really hate to put team in the hands of a rookie junior. He has (at most) one year to help us and it is usually not worth the junior year learning curve.

YSU FAN#34:
Ron Potesta saying he heard rumors that Pelini is a possible candidate for Notre Dame DC job.  Anyone else hear that?

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YSU FAN#34 on January 05, 2018, 12:34:17 PM ---Ron Potesta saying he heard rumors that Pelini is a possible candidate for Notre Dame DC job.  Anyone else hear that?

--- End quote ---
I had trouble seeing Pelini going to D-1 as an assistant/associate coach. His next jump ought to be as HC in a D-1 school.
I don't see Mays taking our team into playoff. He has to be able to throw the ball to primary, secondary receivers and the safety valve. He tucked the ball in and ran when the primary receiver was covered.
The transfer from ND might be able to play this year and allow the freshman QB's to be red shirted this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version