YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Found our QB

<< < (5/5)

IAA Fan:
I understand what you are saying ET, but this transfer has zero experience. Mays did tuck a great deal, but I think, at least in part, that is what he was told to do. Granted it may have become a crutch. As to Pelini, that is no step up & if that is the case, Montgomery will not be leaving. If we lose all three coaches, we are in a world of hurt in the short term. I really had hopes that Bo would build a power coaching staff with local flavor, so our long-term prospects would be in-house.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 06, 2018, 10:19:31 AM ---I understand what you are saying ET, but this transfer has zero experience. Mays did tuck a great deal, but I think, at least in part, that is what he was told to do. Granted it may have become a crutch. As to Pelini, that is no step up & if that is the case, Montgomery will not be leaving. If we lose all three coaches, we are in a world of hurt in the short term. I really had hopes that Bo would build a power coaching staff with local flavor, so our long-term prospects would be in-house.

--- End quote ---

Let us consider another scenario, his father comes as OC with the condition that the son will be given an opportunity to compete for the starting QB). In the following year, if Bo leaves, he would be considered as Bo's replacement.

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: Double ET on January 06, 2018, 10:33:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 06, 2018, 10:19:31 AM ---I understand what you are saying ET, but this transfer has zero experience. Mays did tuck a great deal, but I think, at least in part, that is what he was told to do. Granted it may have become a crutch. As to Pelini, that is no step up & if that is the case, Montgomery will not be leaving. If we lose all three coaches, we are in a world of hurt in the short term. I really had hopes that Bo would build a power coaching staff with local flavor, so our long-term prospects would be in-house.

--- End quote ---

Let us consider another scenario, his father comes as OC with the condition that the son will be given an opportunity to compete for the starting QB). In the following year, if Bo leaves, he would be considered as Bo's replacement.

--- End quote ---

His father coaches Defense

ytownchief22:
Anything is possible.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 04, 2018, 09:54:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 03, 2018, 09:53:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on January 03, 2018, 09:15:18 PM ---Seriously, if this is the best we can get we are in trouble.  We supposely are in the toughest league and we get the scout team QB that was a walk on because of Daddy. He hasn’t thrown a pass in a live game in what 5 years.  His 2 offers in High School was Murray St. and  one of the Directional Kentucky’s.  I hope we are getting more than this.

--- End quote ---

Still better than any QB on this roster.

--- End quote ---

Let's just say that I do not agree at this point. Far too early to make a blanket statement like that. I think we have at least 2 QB's better than this on our current roster. In terms of potential ...too early. I simply do not see a QB as being as high of a need as most other positions. If you watched Mays at all, last season, it is clear that he can lead the Guins to a victory over any team in our conference. Now that we have a new OC coming in, all of that is on hold.

--- End quote ---
I agree with 1AA in that it FAR too early to christen this guy as the new QB.  Although 1AA and I usually watch separate games on Saturday, and so we don’t agree on Nate.  But you don’t sit on a bench and win a job.  You have to do it on the field.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version