Author Topic: Illinois State  (Read 43209 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Illinois State
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2017, 09:55:40 AM »
I hope Bo does his T.V. show tonight..It would look really bad if he didn't

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2017, 12:18:13 PM »
I hope Bo does his T.V. show tonight..It would look really bad if he didn't

He should.  Mooney's VB season is over.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2017, 12:56:31 PM »
does Bo teach/coach or just yell.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2017, 02:07:36 PM »
does Bo teach/coach or just yell.
My best suggestion would be a healthy dose of all 3!  I assume he wants to redshirt Craycraft, but it is time to move next year's players into starting rolls.  Good grief, on the OL it couldn't be much worse with ME at OT!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2017, 09:36:08 PM »
Yes but have we heard if Wells will apply for medical? I sent an email to find out if a player can still medical hardship with a red-shirt year after his freshman year and have yet to hear back from the NCAA clearing house. I will post the response. I believe that is fine if he was eligible to play all 4-years ...which he was, but Wells requested and was granted a transfer & red-shirt for the 2017 season. He revoked that when Montgomery asked him to take back the starting role. So I really have no idea.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:00:26 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2017, 08:40:38 AM »
Yes but have we heard if Wells will apply for medical? I sent an email to find out if a player can still medical hardship with a red-shirt year after his freshman year and have yet to hear back from the NCAA clearing house. I will post the response. I believe that is fine if he was eligible to play all 4-years ...which he was, but Wells requested and was granted a transfer & red-shirt for the 2017 season. He revoked that when Montgomery asked him to take back the starting role. So I really have no idea.
http://www.athletics.vt.edu/compliance/competition/seasons.html 1AAFan I believe you can't play in more then 2 games. The few snaps he took in Robert Morris and SDS probably ruined his chances for another of eligibility under medical hardship

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2017, 08:57:09 AM »
Bo did his show last night and seemed to be in a good mood and was upbeat. He took full responsibility for not having the team ready. He sensed the team was flat before the game and said the focus, technique, and fundamentals of the players was just not there. Something you wouldn't expect going into the 8th week of the season when the team needed to win out. He did mention Mays is really beat up and more then likely Davis will get the nod for Indiana St.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2017, 09:39:41 AM »
Bo did his show last night and seemed to be in a good mood and was upbeat. He took full responsibility for not having the team ready. He sensed the team was flat before the game and said the focus, technique, and fundamentals of the players was just not there. Something you wouldn't expect going into the 8th week of the season when the team needed to win out. He did mention Mays is really beat up and more then likely Davis will get the nod for Indiana St.

There are changes that need to be made and that starts today at practice. It’s time to put guys out there that have been busting their asses in practice all year and deserve a chance. If nothing changes today I don’t expect much out of this team the rest of the year

Offline 2000YSU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »
Bo was asked in his weekly press conference today about Hunter’s eligibility to be medically redshirted he stated that they were going to start actively pursuing the idea. No timeline was given as to when we should know if he indeed will be redshirted or not.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2017, 08:57:34 AM »
Bo was asked in his weekly press conference today about Hunter’s eligibility to be medically redshirted he stated that they were going to start actively pursuing the idea. No timeline was given as to when we should know if he indeed will be redshirted or not.
slight as it is, that's the first encouraging thing I've heard in while.  Let's hope!

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2017, 05:36:32 PM »
http://www.athletics.vt.edu/compliance/competition/seasons.html 1AAFan I believe you can't play in more then 2 games. The few snaps he took in Robert Morris and SDS probably ruined his chances for another of eligibility under medical hardship

This document from Michigan state says it’s no more than 3 games or 30% of the season

https://msu.edu/~msuncaa/Medical%20Hardship%20Waivers.pdf

Not sure which is more recent maybe the rule has changed

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2017, 06:24:04 PM »

This document from Michigan state says it’s no more than 3 games or 30% of the season

https://msu.edu/~msuncaa/Medical%20Hardship%20Waivers.pdf

Not sure which is more recent maybe the rule has changed

Found this:

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/17/how-get-medical-redshirt.htm

Not sure if his injury was season ending
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:29:48 PM by Buddy »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2017, 08:01:19 PM »
From what I'm hearing Wells is good for the medical redshirt. He has not exceeded the amount of games and total number of plays to this point. After the second injury in the fourth week leading to week five the diagnosis was made up to 6 weeks and that would put it at seasons end. As long as he did all his rehab and made all his doctor visits to try and get back he should be fine
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:05:21 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »
From what I'm hearing Wells is good for the medical redshirt. He has not exceeded the amount of games and total number of plays to this point. After the second injury in the fourth week leading to week five the diagnosis was made up to 6 weeks and that would put it at seasons end. As long as he did all his rehab and made all his doctor visits to try and get back he should be fine
That would be great for Hunter and YSU, but in the NCAA, you have, after the IOC & USOC, the third most dishonest sports orgainzion every created.  Nothing "is good" with the NCAA until they issue a ruling. 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2017, 09:36:41 AM »
That would be great for Hunter and YSU, but in the NCAA, you have, after the IOC & USOC, the third most dishonest sports orgainzion every created.  Nothing "is good" with the NCAA until they issue a ruling.

Speaking of dishonest sports organization, IMO, this one tops them all....FIFA (international soccer governing body) ....... Qatar was selected to host the 2022 World Cup in July with average temperature over 100 degrees (with bribery to the selection committee). It is like Green Bay being selected for the Super Bowl game.