Author Topic: Illinois State  (Read 43468 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Illinois State
« on: October 23, 2017, 09:33:04 PM »
Will not be an easy game. We are beat up and hurting....

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Illinois State
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 09:52:38 PM »
It’s pretty simple. The playoffs start Saturday.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 10:14:37 PM »
Yep. Have to win out from here to have any chance.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
As crazy as it sounds, we are ranked 19 and playing a 5-2 ranked team.  IF we win, we are pretty much "alive" in the hunt for a playoff spot.  Big "IF" however.  Anybody have a guess as to who might play?  Mays, Bailey, Reed?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 09:33:41 AM »
And if we don't run the ball at all, we will have almost no chance.  47 yards on 36 carries is beyond pitiful.  And of the 47 yards, 28 were Ricky Davis in QB relief.  OL gets pretty much an F at UNI.  Need HUGE bounce back against ISU.
The top 4 rushers at ISU average 5+ yards per carry and they give up 2.5 per carry.  Kolbe is a good QB and we know they will be well coached.  This is anything but easy.  (Could have used a Slippery Rock here before another ranked opponent!)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 09:41:38 AM »
Heard that maybe Wells and Reed are gonna try and give it a go this week but not 100% sure on that.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 10:31:42 AM »
Heard that maybe Wells and Reed are gonna try and give it a go this week but not 100% sure on that.
Bo didn't say much about the injuries in his show last night. He did mention Hunter was much better and was expected to throw a good amount in practice today

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 12:08:35 PM »
Bo didn't say much about the injuries in his show last night. He did mention Hunter was much better and was expected to throw a good amount in practice today
We can only hope Hunter is OK.  Last I saw, Nate was on 1 leg and that won't work!  We need some QB pressure too.  Hope Reed can go.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »
It will be Davis. Wells and Mays both out I suspect. Mays was beat to crap at UNI. Save him for the next couple of years ...good potential.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 09:20:04 PM »
It will be Davis. Wells and Mays both out I suspect. Mays was beat to crap at UNI. Save him for the next couple of years ...good potential.

Mays practiced Wells did not. Reed also practiced

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 09:39:19 PM »
This is going to be a tall task. Illinois State beat SD in a decent way. Really would like to see the team come back with a renewed fire and some confidence. Coaching staff needs to get on that, because I think its a good part of the problem besides the injuries, team needs to get its grove back.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 09:42:06 PM »
This is going to be a tall task. Illinois State beat SD in a decent way. Really would like to see the team come back with a renewed fire and some confidence. Coaching staff needs to get on that, because I think its a good part of the problem besides the injuries, team needs to get its grove back.

agreed

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 11:55:34 PM »

We've seen what Mays can give us and it's not great. Limited passer.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 08:10:50 AM »
Maybe the team can rally behind Ricky. In Bo's press conference's he continually talks about missing layups and holding the ball. Mays needs to start recognizing the blitz and where to go with the ball if that happens. If he could do that and find all these open guys for potential big strikes we probably could have pulled out these last three games. I still think the pass protection schemes are different for Wells ( True pocket passer) and Mays. Illinois St. is a team that doesn't blitz that much so maybe we will have time to survey the field. I still can't understand their blow out loss to Southern and their impressive victory over SD

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 12:30:20 PM »
Some good news. Wick avenue opens tomorrow morning ;)