Author Topic: UNI  (Read 50284 times)

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UNI
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2017, 07:26:07 PM »
The kids simply looked tired . Bye week sucked .

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »

Beat up and tired, yes.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2017, 07:34:16 PM »

Beat up and tired, yes.

We also seems to slip a lot. It almost looked liked they didn’t have the right shoes on for the turf at the  uni dome

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »
We have noticed that since the championship game about the proper cleats.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2017, 07:56:42 PM »
Our O line play has been inconsistent this year?  Is it due to injuries?  Or some of it coaching?  We have a lot of moving parts that seem totally out of synch because of injuries.  Maybe it’s coaching here guys. We are also struggling at place kicker I have no faith in him now. We need to regroup and figure it out quick.  Maybe dummy up the playbook and go full blown smash mouth.  Run a power I.  Something Illinois st would not expect.  We have to coach with what we have.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2017, 08:17:10 PM »
Awful performance on so many levels.  I have to wonder about the effort this past week.

OL performance was putrid.  Absolutely abhorrent. UNI is not that good.  They really are not.  Season is over. Looks to me like the staff and team packed it in last week. 
Joe Cool

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »
As a fan I was just mentally and physically exhausted from the Bison loss all week.. cant imagine how the team felt. I still feel this team is maybe as good if not better then last year's team. A 3-4 record is just hard for me to stomach since the 4 losses have come down to the wire against quality opponents and we have not been completely healthy during this stretch. I think the coaching staff finds a way to win the next 4 and we sneak in..I still believe in this team

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2017, 09:32:40 PM »
Even if this team hasn't packed it in yet, do they even have enough talented bodies to field a team ?

Wells
Mays
McCaster
Wiggins
Newsome
Spencer
Reed
Wright

I mean yikes....

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2017, 09:34:08 PM »
How many sacks have we given up the past two weeks?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2017, 09:56:55 PM »
As a fan I was just mentally and physically exhausted from the Bison loss all week.. cant imagine how the team felt. I still feel this team is maybe as good if not better then last year's team. A 3-4 record is just hard for me to stomach since the 4 losses have come down to the wire against quality opponents and we have not been completely healthy during this stretch. I think the coaching staff finds a way to win the next 4 and we sneak in..I still believe in this team

Today's game didn't "come down to the wire".  We were beaten in every phase of the game from the opening whistle.
Joe Cool

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2017, 10:28:49 PM »

Today's game didn't "come down to the wire".  We were beaten in every phase of the game from the opening whistles

Yes, the final score made it look closer than it was

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2017, 11:01:26 PM »
So... Illinois stage beat USD... oh boy.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2017, 12:25:35 AM »
How many sacks have we given up the past two weeks?

16- 10 today and 6 last week

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2017, 06:42:17 AM »
While I realize that the OL is taking the brunt of this, the play calling isn't helping them.  When was the last time you saw us run a screen?  We rarely ever do an option outside with Mays in there and he is the person you need to do that with.  We tried to run the ball in the A or B gap on a 4th and 2 1/2 with 9 in the box at a point where we were getting beaten with a 4 man front.  Are you kidding me?  Secondly, no one is coaching Mays on how fast he needs to get rid of the ball.  In some cases he hasn't had a chance but in others he needs to throw it away.  Why do we only have one play with a rolling pocket?  we run about 5 different plays in a game.  There is zero creativity or situaional awareness on the play calling.

There are also some issues on defense.  When was the last time we forced an interception? I honestly can't remember, but it has been too long.  We don't try to rip the ball out either.  And the Db's never turn around.  We are definitely not as good as last year on the DL without Reed.  We need one more guy to break the dam and get to the QB.  Yesterday it was way more obvious.

Why is the FG kicker regressing?  Can someone else do It?

Chapman had a fantastic game on defense.  He and Dellovade are very good football players.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:52:32 AM by penguinpower »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2017, 07:01:37 AM »
Observing the defense and calling an audible at the line would help this offense power. I still can't understand why we are leaving the middle of the defense so wide open. Illinois St. put up close to 600 yards of offense on the coyotes so we better get things figured out and soon
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:23:55 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »