YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UNI

<< < (23/26) > >>

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on October 22, 2017, 07:00:43 PM ---Let’s hope Bo can recruit to the league from here on out.  He is on record that he rather have overachievers with a high football IQ.  So size isn’t an issue for him. Wolford went out and had s blue print on what he wanted on both lines he wanted length and if he could size he would develop them.  Look at last years line it was enormous.  His game plan if he would have stayed he was recruiting upper Midwest etc because those kids had length. He said I am not trying to mean but the Mahoning Valley doesn’t and couldn’t provide that.  If you don’t have the physical attributes with the football IQ you end up getting beat up like we did this week and honestly it’s not going to get easier.  I hope we can right this to some W’s.

--- End quote ---

Our o-line isn’t small by any means. Don’t think anyone’s under 6-4 or 6-3

ytownchief22:
This team is just not as good as last year. Especially now with the injuries.

penguinpower:
my opinion is that there we have a great supporting cast and have several playmakers out due to injury.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on October 22, 2017, 07:00:43 PM ---Let’s hope Bo can recruit to the league from here on out.  He is on record that he rather have overachievers with a high football IQ.  So size isn’t an issue for him. Wolford went out and had s blue print on what he wanted on both lines he wanted length and if he could size he would develop them.  Look at last years line it was enormous.  His game plan if he would have stayed he was recruiting upper Midwest etc because those kids had length. He said I am not trying to mean but the Mahoning Valley doesn’t and couldn’t provide that.  If you don’t have the physical attributes with the football IQ you end up getting beat up like we did this week and honestly it’s not going to get easier.  I hope we can right this to some W’s.

--- End quote ---
Please correct me, but are you avocating going back to the tried and true winning ways of Eric Wolford?  Let's see, his playoff record was 0-0 if I'm not mistaken.  Bo is 4-1 if not mistaken.  Suggesting we are losing because our OL is too small is simply silly.  We are losing because we have failed to make a play here or there.  You complete a pass in OT against Pitt instead of and INT.   You make a FG in OT against. NDSU,  You make a defensive play against USD on the last drive............  OH what could have been. 
Man for man this team is better than last year's, given some health at QB.  IMO, next year's team, (Bo's last) will be better yet. 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 23, 2017, 09:02:45 AM ---

--- End quote ---
Please correct me, but are you avocating going back to the tried and true winning ways of Eric Wolford?  Let's see, his playoff record was 0-0 if I'm not mistaken.  Bo is 4-1 if not mistaken.  Suggesting we are losing because our OL is too small is simply silly.  We are losing because we have failed to make a play here or there.  You complete a pass in OT against Pitt instead of and INT.   You make a FG in OT against. NDSU,  You make a defensive play against USD on the last drive............  OH what could have been. 
Man for man this team is better than last year's, given some health at QB.  IMO, next year's team, (Bo's last) will be better yet.

--- End quote ---

No it's not. The defense is worse and the OL and running game is worse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version