YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Robert Morris

(1/15) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Home opener week is officially here. Robert Morris edged Dayton by a field goal on Saturday 13-10. We need to role in this game and cant have a repeat of 2015 after the Pitt game. Does the Northeast conference offer more scholarships for football then years past? Watched some of their game against the flyers and they both appear to be better program's then previous years

ytownchief22:
Bobby has some athletes. I believe they have an FBS transfer QB. Need to come out swinging and put this one away early. Get the younger kids some playing time to help continue to build the depth.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Chief, plus it's their 1st win in 17 years against Dayton. Across the board they are just as big as us if not bigger with very good speed. They have very tall wide-outs that can go up and get the ball and a very hard nosed running back that is a local kid from Northeast ohio..Need to be ready know doubt about it

Wick250:
Fever, I think that I read somewhere that the NEC offers 45 scholarships.  Not sure if that is accurate or if RMU offers their maximum.  One thing to keep in mind about their game with Dayton; the Flyers played without their veteran starting quarterback.

The next two weeks are all about us: how the young guys develop and if we can sustain the intensity that we demonstrated in the second half.  The letdown against RMU in Bo's first season (before the culture change) is unlikely to repeat itself.

YSUGO:
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/duquesne-hawaii-matchup-adds-to-nec-visibility-083116

I think it says here about scholarships. Honestly a lot of kids played last week.  These games give experience to the backups and hopefully the starters get protected if we can blow these teams out early. Truthfully we all know we struggle with these games intensity wise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version