YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (34/36) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 02, 2017, 11:12:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 02, 2017, 04:41:31 PM ---He lost us the game.

--- End quote ---
Biggest bunch of BS I ever read. How about 21 unanswered points against ysu in the first half? We never even forced a single punt. The game NEVER rides on one play. Hey 0-0 at the half and we win this game 21-0.

--- End quote ---

We wouldn't have been in the game without him playing.  Thay being said, he is a senior and he needs to throw that one away.  Just my opinion.  Otherwise great performance

ytownchief22:
He threw the ball to nobody in the end zone. Sat back there for 5 seconds then when the pressure finally came, he just threw it up. Sorry, he doesn't get a pass from me. A senior shouldn't make that mistake.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 03, 2017, 09:40:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 02, 2017, 11:30:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 02, 2017, 11:12:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 02, 2017, 04:41:31 PM ---He lost us the game.

--- End quote ---
Biggest bunch of BS I ever read. How about 21 unanswered points against ysu in the first half? We never even forced a single punt. The game NEVER rides on one play. Hey 0-0 at the half and we win this game 21-0.

--- End quote ---

We wouldn't have been in the game without him playing.  Thay being said, he is a senior and he needs to throw that one away.  Just my opinion.  Otherwise great performance

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Well said Power. Clearly he blew two crucial scoring pas attempts, but he played the best half of FB from behind the line of scrimmage I have seen in a YSU uniform in quite a number of years. #6 and # 7 were getting mugged all day and never a call. I liked how all the replays (said one ball placement) went our way. It just shows there was some poor/biased calling.

Again we need a TB to step up. McCaster is our thunder and we need some lightning. I like #20 with the ball but not on punt returns. He seems to have a couple of moves. We cannot rely on safeties again this year. Coach Carl has a lot of work to do. I cannot believe Pitt fell for it all half. MVFC teams will not.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/sep/03/close-not-enough-for-bo/?newswatch&mobile Give Wells credit for taking blame. This game was lost going into half down 21-0. Just cant dig yourself that kind of a hole against a P-5 school early on and expect to come back and win. If Pitt had any kind of a field goal kicker, overtime would have never came into play. Their quarterback looked terrified to throw the ball downfield at times. I thought our staff made great adjustments at halftime, very pleased with the line play on each side of the ball in the second half, very little pressure on Hunter all day. Just glad we got out of this fairly healthy and were competitive. We have a very talented team that has a chance to be really good down the road !!

YSUGO:
Let's build on this there were very many positives.  The refs have always homered us at Pitt with the BS calls. I wish we had another game against a lower FBS team instead of the BS games to help prepare for our league.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version