YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

post game thread

(1/3) > >>

YSU1:
Joe Louis Arena is a neat venue,
YSU's 7 ft center had a nice game.  He looks a little bit like Bob Patton. ( for those old timers)
Their offense is decent. If they only played better defense. They did not move well defensively, they go for the ball fake a lot, poor help defense and they do not box out very well.
But hey they won.

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 03, 2017, 10:22:28 PM ---Joe Louis Arena is a neat venue,
YSU's 7 ft center had a nice game.  He looks a little bit like Bob Patton. ( for those old timers)
Their offense is decent. If they only played better defense. They did not move well defensively, they go for the ball fake a lot, poor help defense and they do not box out very well.
But hey they won.

--- End quote ---
That was one of their better defensive performances this year.

Great win 💪🏼

mudclods:
Very nice win.  I'm glad the seniors got to enjoy another win and experience a post-season victory.  If it was the last win, I'm glad to see Donlan & Kaufman play well.  Tonight was the way I think many envisioned this team to play this year.  Shot the ball well from all over the field, made foul shots, played smart and unselfishly.  The intensity & hustle was there all night long.  Hatfield continues to impress.  Hopefully they can keep him around the next 3 years. 

Wishing now Valpo had gotten the #1 seed.  We played them better this year than in recent years and seemed more competitive than we were against Oakland.  Then throw in Alec Peters out and it would have been interesting. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 03, 2017, 10:22:28 PM ---Joe Louis Arena is a neat venue,
But hey they won.

--- End quote ---
there can't be more than a couple of us that remember Bob Patton! 

YSU1:
I know. I was a Freshman walk on when Bob Patton was a senior.  We were Division 2 but they were good.  Dom Roselli was the coach.  Our practice was lay ups then scrimmage.  That was it.  No drills etc.
I am old.  What can I say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version