YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

post game thread

<< < (2/3) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 06, 2017, 09:57:18 AM ---I know. I was a Freshman walk on when Bob Patton was a senior.  We were Division 2 but they were good.  Dom Roselli was the coach.  Our practice was lay ups then scrimmage.  That was it.  No drills etc.
I am old.  What can I say.

--- End quote ---
you're old?!?!?  I started going to YSU MBB games when Dom had John McElroy as his star in the fall of 1967.  I was there in Struthers Field House the night McElroy went off for 52 in his last home game.

YSU1:
Just think what McElroy and Billy Johnston would have scored with a three point line.  Billy liked shooting from the top of the key. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 06, 2017, 11:11:05 AM ---Just think what McElroy and Billy Johnston would have scored with a three point line.  Billy liked shooting from the top of the key.

--- End quote ---
Billy could shoot and would have made several 3's a game for sure.  McElroy loved that falling across the baseline jumper driving down the side of the lane.  Impossible to block.  Them plus big Willy Teague inside.  Fun teams to watch.  Remember Calvin Murphy with Niagara.  They ran a pregram drill with him dishing to the lay-up line from the center to the foul line kind of like the Globetrotters.  Thanks for bringing back the memories!  We still tailgate football with my brother's electrical engineering study group from "back in the day"  (the sliderule days!)  That's a LONG time ago and some of the group are getting older!

YSU1:
My parents were season ticket holders for basketball and football since the late 50's. I remember seeing Roger Staubach playing for Pensacola Navy at Rayen field.  Gosh that was a long time ago.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 06, 2017, 02:25:03 PM ---My parents were season ticket holders for basketball and football since the late 50's. I remember seeing Roger Staubach playing for Pensacola Navy at Rayen field.  Gosh that was a long time ago.

--- End quote ---
I was there too.  My wife taught for years with a guy that was a DB for YSU in that game.  Denny Klembara had a great game for YSU that day and NOBODY noticed! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version