YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU MEN'S BASKETBALL/SLOCUM

<< < (14/29) > >>

jbags:
Since moving to Rocky River I haven't seen the team play til yesterday..the lack of hustle was appaling to me...it didn't even appear that they had any division 1 talent at all...the program has fallen off the edge of the earth and needs a blood transfusion...what has any of Slocum teams hung their hat on? What style of ball does typifies his recruits? This program needs a coach that recruits a bunch of 6'5 athletic kids and just run 94 feet of constant pressure...kids today relate to it and we have never been able to recruit good post players anyway...it can be done with a young aggressive coach that recruits in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit and Cincinnati...just hire someone that hangs his hat on constant pressure and turn this darn thing around for good
.it can and should be our goal as a program

IAA Fan:
That is what we used to do with Slocum bags ...everyone complained about lack of a big guy and our inability to score. This years it seems as though we flipped.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 Slocum is done, and long overdue.  His teams have been among the worst defensively in points allowed most years.  He is a joke.  Players have turned him out.   Yes, the program has fallen off the face of the earth, all time low.

He also seems to have lost any fire that he once had. 

jbags:
The new coach must come from outside the current staff...Coach Wernicki is a good guy but to turn this thing around we need new recruiting contacts...be it Rick McFadden or a young guy from a lower division we do need someone completely new. Sure we can't pay competitively but there has to be someone itching for the opportunity to coach at a D1 level. The easy way out is elevating Wericki but it's time to do this right

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 Wernicki has no shot at this job.  Promoting from a failed staff will never be considered.  McFadden I am sure will get an interview, but YSU needs to do its homework and see what is out there.

I talked with a successful D-2 coach earlier this year.  He said YSU's facilities are what is holding them back.  Beeghly Center is old and antiquated, and kids, especially today want to play in a state of the art arena.

We see it n football, Stambaugh Stadium one of the best at FCS level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version