Author Topic: ticketgate  (Read 42369 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ticketgate
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2016, 03:29:18 PM »
IMO, asking the NCAA to ship hard tickets is like admitting you still use a rotary phone.  I wonder how long its been since any institution in the Natty requested them.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2016, 03:31:15 PM »
I did.  Once again, hard tickets are prepaid and almost always nonrefundable, therefore no risk of a loss.  The remainder are e-tickets and we had until 26 December to sell those. If unsold, we could return them. Whatever we didn't return had zero financial obligation until 6 February 2017.....not  even a deposit was requested by the NCAA.  Crazy generous terms provided by the NCAA.

Show me this. I have now read every single page in that pamphlet. Please show me where there is no obligation to the school. I can return things at almost any store ...does not mean I get full credit. The deposit is that we must order at least 1k.
 Please show me that ordering these "flash" tickets give credit to the school, can be refunded at full price and that we have the necessary software to support the system to sell them.

In which case why not call the NCAA and ask why they even sell hard tickets? Then YSU will get full credit with truly no outlay. Then I could call, login or go the ticket office (YSU could even make ticketron/master feel guilty and sell with no fee) and get tickets in the YSU section. Sorry I do not buy all of this.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:45:10 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2016, 03:45:11 PM »
I did.  Once again, hard tickets are prepaid and almost always nonrefundable, therefore no risk of a loss.  The remainder are e-tickets and we had until 26 December to sell those. If unsold, we could return them. Whatever we didn't return had zero financial obligation until 6 February 2017.....not  even a deposit was requested by the NCAA.  Crazy generous terms provided by the NCAA.

Show me this. I have now read every single page in that pamphlet. Please show me where there is no obligation to the school. I can return things at almost any store ...does not mean I get full credit. The deposit is that we must order at least 1k.
 Please show me that ordering these "flash" tickets give credit to the school and that we have the necessary software to support it.

In which case why not call the NCAA and ask why they even sell hard tickets? Then YSU will get full credit with truly no outlay. Then I could call, login or go the ticket office (YSU could even make ticketron/master feel guilty and sell with no fee) and get tickets in the YSU section. Sorry I do not buy it.

Here again is the relevant section of the manual:

Not later than Sunday, December 18 each institution shall inform Trina Simerly how many tickets
they would like for the championship game (and their locations). Confirmed sales only will be
printed and shipped via next-day delivery to each institution by AXS. Ticket links will be provided
to ticket managers for the remaining block (with Flash Seats as the required method of delivery).
 A participating institution may return any unsold tickets. They will need to inform Trina Simerly at
the NCAA (tsimerly@ncaa.org; 317-917-6516) of the number of electronic tickets to be returned
and their location no later than 5 p.m. Eastern time Monday, December 26. No hard ticket returns
will be accepted. Once the competing institutions release the tickets being retained, the NCAA and
Team Frisco may use them for sale to the general public.
The NCAA will invoice the participating institutions for all tickets taken and payment will be due
to the NCAA not later than 30 days after the date of the championship game.

There are two methods for an institution to get tickets from the NCAA: hard tickets and e-tickets. 

Hard tickets are antiquated and I doubt relevant, but in case I'm wrong, they are already sold by YSU and for some reason they want them shipped from the NCAA. Since already sold and nonrefundable, it is impossible to take a loss on them.

The NCAA has contracted with a company called Flash Seats to provide e-tickets, which are converted to paper tickets when printed at YSU.  These could be returned by 26 December if unsold to the NCAA.  Again, no risk prior to 26 December...I mean zero risk.

There was zero risk in requesting the full allotment of 4k tickets electronically, and holding on to them until 26 December at 4:59 pm.  The NCAA tried to give us the best terms possible and we blew it....and then lied about it
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2016, 03:49:39 PM »
You guys are unbelievable.....
Who gives a damn if YSU screwed up.
There are plenty of seats still available.
I-AA are you going?
Nation are you going?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2016, 03:54:38 PM »
That is not what I asked ...so show me. You could be 100% correct (that there is zero financial obligation to YSU) but I do not see it in writing anywhere in what you typed or what is on any page in the manual. I do not have the link in front of me ...so feel free to post it.

Honestly I could care less if they made a mistake and apologized ...happens all the time. I just do not see it happening. However I can easily see a 3rd-party charging a fee and YSU not wanting to pay it ...in which case I applaud the move. Because there might not be anything stopping JMU fans from using it. Again there are many holes in your accusation.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2016, 03:58:32 PM »
You guys are unbelievable.....
Who gives a damn if YSU screwed up.
There are plenty of seats still available.
I-AA are you going?
Nation are you going?

Now maybe you see some of the frustrations that I get from Nation all the time. He comes on here and posts anything he wants an refuses to let anyone type a comment after him. As to my attendance ...sorry I am not. However, I have been to every championship game ...including the 1979 game ...prior to this. Just no cash for it. However, in my tailgate group, 6 are going, all seats were bought together from ticket office.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2016, 04:04:01 PM »
That is not what I asked ...so show me. You could be 100% correct (that there is zero financial obligation to YSU) but I do not see it in writing anywhere in what you typed or what is on any page in the manual. I do not have the link in front of me ...so feel free to post it.

Honestly I could care less if they made a mistake and apologized ...happens all the time. I just do not see it happening. However I can easily see a 3rd-party charging a fee and YSU not wanting to pay it ...in which case I applaud the move. Because there might not be anything stopping JMU fans from using it. Again there are many holes in your accusation.

I can't say it any plainer than I have.  It directly says, "A participating institution may return any unsold tickets."  You are concerned about, "No hard ticket returns will be accepted."  So don't buy hard tickets....although again these are customarily prepaid...so either way you are risk-free.

I think you've reached your conclusion long before reviewing the evidence. I can't prevent you from denying the obvious.

Honestly I could care less if they made a mistake and apologized

Apologized?? They made a mistake and LIED about it.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2016, 04:05:47 PM »
Now maybe you see some of the frustrations that I get from Nation all the time. He comes on here and posts anything he wants an refuses to let anyone type a comment after him.

What?  Hahahahaha  ;D

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2016, 04:11:44 PM »

I can't say it any plainer than I have.  It directly says, "A participating institution may return any unsold tickets."  You are concerned about, "No hard ticket returns will be accepted."  So don't buy hard tickets....although again these are customarily prepaid...so either way you are risk-free.

I think you've reached your conclusion long before reviewing the evidence. I can't prevent you from denying the obvious.

Honestly I could care less if they made a mistake and apologized

Apologized?? They made a mistake and LIED about it.

LOL Afraid to do some homework. Say ...4+3=8 and I can prove it.

Offline Dukester

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2016, 04:14:53 PM »
Folks, here's a positive way to spin this. When we're back in Frisco next season, can our Athletic Department not lie and screw up?!

Next year, everyone on the opposite side of the bracket will be rooting for you guys.

You have that going for ya.   ;D

I'm quite happy with our opponent!   8)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2016, 04:16:44 PM »
Now maybe you see some of the frustrations that I get from Nation all the time. He comes on here and posts anything he wants an refuses to let anyone type a comment after him.

What?  Hahahahaha  ;D

Game set match. You do nothing but come here and attack my alma mater on a daily basis. You cannot stand anyone questioning your theories and calling you disloyal. BTW, you do not do what Pally did ...which is why you are still here. You have a long ways to go to catch up with him.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:18:26 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2016, 04:19:38 PM »
LOL Afraid to do some homework. Say ...4+3=8 and I can prove it.

lol....you are a ticketgate denier.....it's literally all right there......

ValleyTalk

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2016, 04:25:09 PM »

Offline BisonTru

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2016, 04:27:59 PM »

What?  Hahahahaha  ;D

Game set match. You do nothing but come here and attack my alma mater on a daily basis. You cannot stand anyone questioning your theories and calling you disloyal. BTW, you do not do what Pally did ...which is why you are still here. You have a long ways to go to catch up with him.

Man, you got to put away the rose colored glasses. I don't know the history of you and PN, but regarding this he just laid down the smoking gun.

Every YSU fan should be demanding answers on this. Just because someone is critical of the University doesn't mean they are less of a fan, and if as fans and/or students you don't demand better you won't get better.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2016, 04:45:02 PM »
I think that someone missing a chromosome f'd up and then they tried to make it sound like a complicated process and hope that people don't ask.  I recommend a reprimand by the genius that did this.  I want the difference between what I paid and the face value but I also want punitive damages because I couldn't get my entire group together

If the community supported the team properly and went to the games nobody would have anything to b**** about. Just bring your assistance of the game.  Now carry on
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 03:38:08 AM by penguinpower »