Author Topic: ticketgate  (Read 43200 times)

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ticketgate
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2016, 01:14:22 PM »
This thread is beyond pointless now. YSU dropped the ball on the tickets. I am seriously thinking of dropping my membership and other monies I give.  I guess 2500 to 3k means nothing to them.  Their main selling point it would give me a crack at all playoff tix.  Well that was not true.  I am going to Frisco because I have attended all the championship games. Strollo basically ignored the backbone of the PenguinClub and the diehards for the people in the loges.  You will reap what you sew.

This is where YSU gets hurt. It would be one thing if the only people affected were the ones who never show up, whine, complain, then want to be frontrunners. But this miscue affected most of the loyal fans who actually do what they're supposed to do. If this turns off both the diehards and lukewarm fans, expect even more fans to just sit at home and watch the games live on ESPN3. All it takes is a chromecast. Go Guins and let's not have this happen in future championship seasons.

How do you get hurt? There are still tickets available. Sounds like all you want to do is b****, how about you all reach into your wallets and show up

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2016, 01:22:31 PM »
This thread is beyond pointless now. YSU dropped the ball on the tickets. I am seriously thinking of dropping my membership and other monies I give.  I guess 2500 to 3k means nothing to them.  Their main selling point it would give me a crack at all playoff tix.  Well that was not true.  I am going to Frisco because I have attended all the championship games. Strollo basically ignored the backbone of the PenguinClub and the diehards for the people in the loges.  You will reap what you sew.

This is where YSU gets hurt. It would be one thing if the only people affected were the ones who never show up, whine, complain, then want to be frontrunners. But this miscue affected most of the loyal fans who actually do what they're supposed to do. If this turns off both the diehards and lukewarm fans, expect even more fans to just sit at home and watch the games live on ESPN3. All it takes is a chromecast. Go Guins and let's not have this happen in future championship seasons.

How do you get hurt? There are still tickets available. Sounds like all you want to do is b****, how about you all reach into your wallets and show up

It's about loyalty.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2016, 01:27:32 PM »

It's about loyalty.

Exactly so open your wallet up and be loyal to the players who busted there ass all year to get to the National Championship.
Instead most of the people on this thread have and had no intentions of going to the game but they they see  a way to jump on the YSU people who screwed up. Yes they did screw up but who cares. It's about the players and they did nothing but win.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2016, 01:35:17 PM »
I myself have been moving mountains trying to get off work for the game. If my time off request gets approved I'm going. Im going as a fan, to support my team.

It is rather unfortunate that this whole mess happened and I do think someone should be responsible in the athletic Dept. Ice it does matter to the extent that it should be rectified and not happen again. I do think the team still deserves the support and no one should refuse to go due to these circumstances. Mistakes do happen, despite it being really unfortunate. The worst part of the whole thing is the fact that even if we took them as hard ticket sales, we don't owe the NCAA the money until January. But alas, enough of this. I'm weary of the whole topic. Would really like it if the administration came out and appologized. I do understand the circumstances and I understand how the mistake happened. To me an apology and a promise to do better (and actually delivering on said promise in the future) and we can all move on.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2016, 01:36:03 PM »
So what Redbird ...just go away. You are obviously a fraud troll. Another one of Nations alter egos. If you want to wish us luck then do so in another thread, we could care less about your opinions. I do not go to your boards and discuss your administration.

Jesus, this is a sports forum, not nazi, germany. Let people voice their opinion and argue a little, my god.

Nice post chief.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2016, 01:39:15 PM »
I myself have been moving mountains trying to get off work for the game. If my time off request gets approved I'm going. Im going as a fan, to support my team.

It is rather unfortunate that this whole mess happened and I do think someone should be responsible in the athletic Dept. Ice it does matter to the extent that it should be rectified and not happen again. I do think the team still deserves the support and no one should refuse to go due to these circumstances. Mistakes do happen, despite it being really unfortunate. The worst part of the whole thing is the fact that even if we took them as hard ticket sales, we don't owe the NCAA the money until January. But alas, enough of this. I'm weary of the whole topic. Would really like it if the administration came out and appologized. I do understand the circumstances and I understand how the mistake happened. To me an apology and a promise to do better (and actually delivering on said promise in the future) and we can all move on.

Good post Yo. Hopefully you get that time off and we can have a cold one together

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2016, 01:39:46 PM »

It's about loyalty.

Exactly so open your wallet up and be loyal to the players who busted there a$$ all year to get to the National Championship.
Instead most of the people on this thread have and had no intentions of going to the game but they they see  a way to jump on the YSU people who screwed up. Yes they did screw up but who cares. It's about the players and they did nothing but win.

Right on.  The issue is over.  It was a blunder.  They need to kiss the season ticket holders and Penguin club members assn via private event with an apology.  Then move on with new measures to prevent this in the future.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 01:41:50 PM by penguinpower »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2016, 01:46:00 PM »
Ice, I would definitely have a cold one with you if I get the time off.

Offline bulldogg

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2016, 03:11:07 PM »
Great post!! Unfortunately we have people like penguin nation and 1AA fan that have no clue about Football ,, BUTT, message boards let people like them have there say.. Carry On!!

Thanks! You guys are cool. It just seems ridiculous to be doing the negative personal attacks at a time like this.... against people on your own side!

It is going to be a great game. Merry Christmas to all the Penguins. See you in Frisco!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 03:13:08 PM by bulldogg »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2016, 03:29:29 PM »
This whole topic exists because of the usual two Negative Nilly's. Then when you try to put one in their place you get lumped in with them. They such trolls that they log in as different people, not realizing that their IP address is on every post they make. They say that they are fans from other schools yet they only post when it is negative? Where were they the week we played their team?

The reason that I let this topic go now is because it will be gone in a few days and people will get back to supporting their team; besides their could have been more to this than the school underestimating interest. Well turns out there is nothing more to it.

Now you can carry on Pfoottball.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2016, 03:43:46 PM »
This whole topic exists because of the usual two Negative Nilly's. Then when you try to put one in their place you get lumped in with them. They such trolls that they log in as different people, not realizing that their IP address is on every post they make. They say that they are fans from other schools yet they only post when it is negative? Where were they the week we played their team?

The reason that I let this topic go now is because it will be gone in a few days and people will get back to supporting their team; besides their could have been more to this than the school underestimating interest. Well turns out there is nothing more to it.

If you are saying I have two accounts here you (like the Athletic Department) are spreading misinformation.   
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Redbird Fourthandshort

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2016, 03:47:32 PM »
So what Redbird ...just go away. You are obviously a fraud troll. Another one of Nations alter egos. If you want to wish us luck then do so in another thread, we could care less about your opinions. I do not go to your boards and discuss your administration.

I have been posting on Redbirds forum since 2010 under "fourthandshort" --- about 4500 posts in 7 years. I chose user name Redbird Fourthandshort on your fan forum so as to be fully transparent.

Didn't come here looking for a fight. My first post on other thread congratulated YSU on their success and wished them well. It was also to empathize and inform your fans of our somewhat similar experience.

I would assume most fans would appreciate knowing our experience and that reservation systems are a common solution for this very situation. And fact remains, as many others have pointed out, electronic tickets could be purchased risk free. There was no need to be concerned with over-commitment costing money. ISU Admin recovered very quickly from their initial mistake once our forum went ballistic ... these forums serve many purposes .. this should be one such purpose .. for fans to be heard. Our Admin and Coaches monitor our board for feedback ... even the complainers .. its a good thing for program for fans to speak their mind.

Truth be told, our Sports Admin tried to put a spin on their oversight and act like it was all good from beginning. But regardless of their spin, bottom line, they responded by fixing the problem because our fan board went nuts ... a good thing in my mind.

Regardless of the ticket buying fiasco for YSU, but now even moreso because of it, all of Redbird Nation is rooting for YSU. And I hope you get a lot fans there to support the team.

Someone should set up threads and report back to let people know activity levels on the main secondary market websites: NCAA, Stubhub, Ebay, etc ...  Keep track of ticket counts and average ticket prices. Think of it like the stock market and your looking to buy low .. but don't wait too long. Good news is that Bison is/will dump theirs. Bad news is the end zones are under construction, so there are less tickets this year and JMU already scooped up 7k of the 8k allotment .. so they will buying more no doubt. I have no idea what capacity is with end zones under constructions .. maybe 15-16k ??
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 04:05:57 PM by Redbird Fourthandshort »

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2016, 04:02:27 PM »
You guys argue about stupid sh!t. You are in the National Championship game. Wouldn't discussing your game plan, your opponent, etc. be more relevant than discussing which one of you is the bigger a$$hole?

Just sayin'. It looks weird to an outsider. See you in Frisco!

Sorry you lost the over/under on 8 hours.  You have avenged that loss, however, by being the biggest a-hole. Go back to your board and contInue discussing with your board-mates about how you will roll us...but only if schor plays well, and the turf is in good shape, and of course as long as there are no BIG scoring plays.  Um...what???

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2016, 10:49:49 PM »

If you are saying I have two accounts here you (like the Athletic Department) are spreading misinformation.

True. My fault their & I apologize. I was not talking about Nation.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2016, 10:52:46 PM »
Just so everyone knows now, this particular thread is getting locked after Christmas. It is taking up far to much time and is cared about by too few people.