Author Topic: 2017 Recruiting class  (Read 114710 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Recruiting class
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2017, 12:28:54 PM »
Pelini's kid offered a walk on scholarship to Norte Dame, yes the real Norte Dame, not the pretend one by Cleveland.

But i thought he was only offered D1AA scholarships because of dad? shows how little some people know how football works.
So do I read this as you saying the he was offered walk on to ND, and it had nothing to do with his dad being a HC?  And you accuse some of the bloggers on this thread as not know how football works?  Does the work naive ring a bell with YOU?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2017, 12:33:31 PM »
Well darn..Never had much success recruiting Iggy players like we've had the St.Ed's players most recently. Chime was offered by us and visited
Somehow YALE has more of an impressive ring to it than Youngstown State.  Kid has a family etc. and YALE would be pretty impressive.  Plus almost all these kids need to make a living in something other than football, and if you can cut it academically at Yale, then he should go for it.  (Even if YSU is a better football option for him)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2017, 12:50:10 PM »
Pelini's kid offered a walk on scholarship to Norte Dame, yes the real Norte Dame, not the pretend one by Cleveland.

But i thought he was only offered D1AA scholarships because of dad? shows how little some people know how football works.
So do I read this as you saying the he was offered walk on to ND, and it had nothing to do with his dad being a HC?  And you accuse some of the bloggers on this thread as not know how football works?  Does the work naive ring a bell with YOU?

And folks, now we know where the meth addicts get their drugs from, that guy right there ^

you are a true total moron and dont belong on a forum talking about football whatsoever. just out right ******* stupid.
So you believe ND recruited Patrick Pelini solely on his football talent and his dad being a HC that Kelly knows had nothing to do with it?  Any you call me a moron and stupid?  You aren't worthy of further comment.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2017, 01:02:10 PM »
"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason...is like administering medicine to the dead"    T Paine

No FL recruits?  Look at all of the talent from Fort Myers on our roster now.  Byrd is a BP recruit, but was that mostly just a Wolford thing?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2017, 01:31:11 PM »
"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason...is like administering medicine to the dead"    T Paine

No FL recruits?  Look at all of the talent from Fort Myers on our roster now.  Byrd is a BP recruit, but was that mostly just a Wolford thing?
Hey frozen know-it-all
"There is no limit on the number of players that a team can dress for a home football game according to NCAA rules. For away contests, the number of players that may travel varies according to the policies set by the conference that the school belongs to" 

Sorry, but if I were so inclined, I'd be equally rude to your sorry ass.  But since I take pity on the delusional, I'll just sit here and wait for my apology.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2017, 01:44:27 PM »

Hey frozen know-it-all
"There is no limit on the number of players that a team can dress for a home football game according to NCAA rules. For away contests, the number of players that may travel varies according to the policies set by the conference that the school belongs to" 

Sorry, but if I were so inclined, I'd be equally rude to your sorry a$$.  But since I take pity on the delusional, I'll just sit here and wait for my apology.

lol.....I think your shots were fired away from your target. 

Don't pay the troll any mind...my 0.02.....
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2017, 04:49:23 PM »
Overall a great class and targeted at exactly what we need (DE, DB, RB LB in particular)
You always have remorse for the ones that got away, like Lezzer and Walker, but got a couple of surprised like Durkin and Anderson that we thought were lost.  All and all a great day for the Quins!
Now the spring game and down to Pitt for the opener, than back to Frisco!!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2017, 07:35:30 PM »
Does anyone know which players we are waiting on with paperwork?

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2017, 09:56:17 PM »
for real this time. anyone have a link to the pelini press conference for signing day ?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2017, 11:14:44 PM »
for real this time. anyone have a link to the pelini press conference for signing day ?

https://youtu.be/XwEQyO8OMQk

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2017, 05:12:10 AM »
What happened to Colton McFadden?  Did he go elsewhere?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2017, 08:19:09 AM »
What happened to Colton McFadden?  Did he go elsewhere?
Full ride to Elon.  He is potentially a Sunday kicker, but not a huge need at YSU for at least 2 years.  Good luck Colton

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2017, 08:31:10 AM »
My thoughts on the class.... A lot of red shirts coming, except for the JUCO kids and Durkin obviously. But some nice depth and kids who can make an impact. Like Chapman a lot at RB. Anderson can be a nice OLB if he puts on a little more size. I expect a few transfers coming in the spring/summer to fill out the rest of the scholarships.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 02, 2017, 08:52:12 AM »
My thoughts on the class.... A lot of red shirts coming, except for the JUCO kids and Durkin obviously. But some nice depth and kids who can make an impact. Like Chapman a lot at RB. Anderson can be a nice OLB if he puts on a little more size. I expect a few transfers coming in the spring/summer to fill out the rest of the scholarships.
Agree with what you say.  DEs NEEDED in a HUGE way, but most look like redshirts to me.  6-4 215 isn't going to get it.  Will be RS freshman in 2018 at 6-4 or 6-5 250-260 which will be much better.  Hope one or 2 is working to get to 240 or 250 by this fall for some depth.
Anybody have any idea who the two Bo says we are still waiting on one piece of paperwork before anouncing?

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2017, 09:24:33 AM »
Agree with what you say.  DEs NEEDED in a HUGE way, but most look like redshirts to me.  6-4 215 isn't going to get it.  Will be RS freshman in 2018 at 6-4 or 6-5 250-260 which will be much better.  Hope one or 2 is working to get to 240 or 250 by this fall for some depth.
Anybody have any idea who the two Bo says we are still waiting on one piece of paperwork before anouncing?

I think Bo was talking about the 2 Juco kids who got there paper work in later in the day
Also hearing Pittman may not play football anymore. Hence the need for LB depth