Author Topic: Frisco tickets. .  (Read 62793 times)

Offline td577

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Frisco tickets. .
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2016, 07:51:31 PM »
Here is how it works. 8k seats are held back for the allotments to the schools. The remainder were open up to the public back around August 25th. They sold out in a day. Mostly to Bison fans because they have been buying early since the second year of their run. For 2013-2015, they even sold 3 year packs. This year was less tickets because the end zone section is under construction.

I think it is on the Sunday or Monday conference call after the semis the AD has to indicate if the band is coming and how much of the allotment they want of the 4k. They probably should move that call to Tuesday and let the schools presell the allotment. The school could have opened up the online sales, pre-sold tickets, and if they went over 4k, base it on priority points and then request order. It isn't like this is rocket science. Refund those who didn't qualify. It isn't like schools haven't set a precedent with this since the last time YSU has gone to a championship game. NDSU learned after the first year and a lot of mistakes how to sell the allotment after the semis through Sunday then be in a position to know exactly how much to request during the NCAA call. Of course it has been all of them, but we are a little stir crazy to get out of Fargo for a few days come January. The bottom line is I am sure if YSU didn't have a plan, they could have reached out to a fellow Valley school for their plan and work from it.

I will keep buying tickets in August each year because I have yet to lose money. They did start out $35-$45 6 years ago and now up to $65-$75, but it isn't a very large stadium. I do have a few hospitality wristbands that one can couple with the cheapest seats they can find out there for a fun experience. I keep the post on the first page of this thread updated with how many I have left. I have found those to be well worth it, especially when it hasn't been such kind weather. 11 AM is still a little cool, even on the warmer days in a Texas winter.

Good luck YSU!! I hope the Championship stays in the MVFC.

Offline supermario21

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2016, 08:00:08 PM »
Here is how it works. 8k seats are held back for the allotments to the schools. The remainder were open up to the public back around August 25th. They sold out in a day. Mostly to Bison fans because they have been buying early since the second year of their run. For 2013-2015, they even sold 3 year packs. This year was less tickets because the end zone section is under construction.

I think it is on the Sunday or Monday conference call after the semis the AD has to indicate if the band is coming and how much of the allotment they want of the 4k. They probably should move that call to Tuesday and let the schools presell the allotment. The school could have opened up the online sales, pre-sold tickets, and if they went over 4k, base it on priority points and then request order. It isn't like this is rocket science. Refund those who didn't qualify. It isn't like schools haven't set a precedent with this since the last time YSU has gone to a championship game. NDSU learned after the first year and a lot of mistakes how to sell the allotment after the semis through Sunday then be in a position to know exactly how much to request during the NCAA call. Of course it has been all of them, but we are a little stir crazy to get out of Fargo for a few days come January. The bottom line is I am sure if YSU didn't have a plan, they could have reached out to a fellow Valley school for their plan and work from it.

I think you hit the nail on the head. YSU wasn't doing any of these things. James Madison had an online application system which in addition to selling tickets also gauged demand. They were doing that all weekend. YSU should have had a system up and running Saturday at 10PM much like JMU did on Friday at 10PM. If requests were going through the roof for YSU, they could have asked the NCAA for those 3K tickets.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2016, 08:57:10 PM »
I don't understand the YSU logic here. You are only on the hook for those tickets if you make the final. You're really that out of touch with the demand from your fanbase that you misfire by 3k tickets? Look, most schools have an expectation that the home playoff games may be less attended due to short planning time and the weather (not to mention the Friday night game). But you've GOT to know that with 3 weeks to plan a trip plus the allure of going for a 'ship that you're going to have demand to meet 4k tickets. Although, judging from how YSU's ticketing operation seems to be stuck in 1998, it's quite possible they were concerned they couldn't physically process the 4k allotment.

From the JMU board...they get it we don't

GO GUINS!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2016, 09:26:50 PM »

I think you hit the nail on the head. YSU wasn't doing any of these things. James Madison had an online application system which in addition to selling tickets also gauged demand. They were doing that all weekend. YSU should have had a system up and running Saturday at 10PM much like JMU did on Friday at 10PM. If requests were going through the roof for YSU, they could have asked the NCAA for those 3K tickets.

Exactly!!  Great point!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2016, 10:01:26 PM »
"You don't think we'd sell 4k?"

No. Never in a million years. let alone less than a week before Christmas. Even less of those people would have thought we would be this far. Even bigger "laugher" ...on-line web site to sell tickets? Did not realize we had become such a culturally and technologically advanced East Coast city. Come on ...most of our parents pounded steel, turned bolts on a GM wheel assembly, or put solder and electrical tape on a GM wiring harness to raise us ...and did damn good job at making more money that a typical YSU or JMU grad. Ever been to a YSU game and seen our fan base? What maybe 5 people would hit it? Biggest laugh of them all, that more than 25% of the JMU fans that supposedly bought tickets will actually be there.

To further support my theory ...did you go to the YSU v WVU game? Maybe surpassed only slightly the first OSU vs. YSU game. as most YSU fans in attendance (like myself) live in Columbus. No way there was more than 1k in attendance at agame that sold for $65 a ticket and is a 3-hour drive away in summer weather. Let me tell you that far more people want to see the Buckeyes than James Madison. BTW I have been to every national championship game prior to this one.

Here is a hint, call anyone of the less than 1k fans of NDSU that presold. Lots of tickets available. Always the same trio of idiots in here insulting everything we do. If all else fails ...show up there will be plenty of seats. You want to know how to do it? Try adding a quality package to your season ticket holders with a $40 reserve. It is this reserve that you use for your allotment figure (yes it may be closer to 2k at that point because it is summer). If you are even smarter, you ask them to allow the University to keep the $40 (and match it should the team not make the final) as a donation as your final tax break prior to the new year. It is perfectly legal. THAT is how a major university thinks!!!

Then when you are done with all of that, you ask the NCAA why we are on ESPN2 when the DII and DIII championship games got ESPN. Then ask them why Frisco Texas at a stadium sponsored by some teir-II or III Pizza Hut agency puts a placard on?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:55:49 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2016, 10:38:23 PM »
Sorry but I don't buy that, I-AA. But guess we'll never know since our athletic department is beyond pathetic.

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »
We are what we are Chief .. get over it or follow another team. Let me add to it:

This board gets over 5k unique visitors a year, Half of those are SPAM. of that 5k, maybe 1k are opposing fans. However there are not more than 500 people who actually post something. Two reasons:

1. They do not know how and too scared to try.
2. Many of them see people like you that trash-talk their own team because somehow you think that you are better than others. YSU knows their market much better than you do.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:54:04 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2016, 12:27:39 AM »
I've achieved the trifecta.  You've threatened to ban me, deleted some posts, and now edited one of my posts.

Anyway, back to the tickets, we have 60% of the enrollment of JMU.  Our average home attendance (13,506*) is 68.2% of JMU's average home attendance.

So JMU can guarantee 7k seats, but we can't guarantee 4k (less than 60% of the JMU total)? 

How can you not at least admit the Athletic Department screwed up?  They've basically created a home field type atmosphere for the opponent.  Because of the actions of the Athletic Department, there is a 1:7 ratio of guaranteed seats in the opponents favor.  Obviously since all of the seats were sold out within hours on Tuesday, and only to loge holders and PC Champions, a massive miscalculation was made.  Season ticket holders and lower level PC members never even had a shot at tickets in the YSU section through YSU. 

This degree of error is a symptom of a larger problem.  Blunders like this are a sign of systemic ineptitude in an organization. 

*Based on magical math

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Dukester

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2016, 08:08:46 AM »
"You don't think we'd sell 4k?"

No. Never in a million years. let alone less than a week before Christmas. Even less of those people would have thought we would be this far. Even bigger "laugher" ...on-line web site to sell tickets? Did not realize we had become such a culturally and technologically advanced East Coast city. Come on ...most of our parents pounded steel, turned bolts on a GM wheel assembly, or put solder and electrical tape on a GM wiring harness to raise us ...and did damn good job at making more money that a typical YSU or JMU grad. Ever been to a YSU game and seen our fan base? What maybe 5 people would hit it? Biggest laugh of them all, that more than 25% of the JMU fans that supposedly bought tickets will actually be there.

Let To further support my theory ...did you go to the YSU v WVU game? Maybe surpassed only slightly the first OSU vs. YSU game. as most YSU fans in attendance (like myself) live in Columbus. No way there was more than 1k in attendance at agame that sold for $65 a ticket and is a 3-hour drive away in summer weather.me tell you that far more people want to see the Buckeyes than James Madison. BTW I have been to every national championship game prior to this one.

Here is a hint, call anyone of the less than 1k fans of NDSU that presold. Lots of tickets available. Always the same trio of idiots in here insulting everything we do. If all else fails ...show up there will be plenty of seats. You want to know how to do it? Try adding a quality package to your season ticket holders with a $40 reserve. It is this reserve that you use for your allotment figure (yes it may be closer to 2k at that point because it is summer). If you are even smarter, you ask them to allow the University to keep the $40 (and match it should the team not make the final) as a donation as your final tax break prior to the new year. It is perfectly legal. THAT is how a major university thinks!!!

Then when you are done with all of that, you ask the NCAA why we are on ESPN2 when the DII and DIII championship games got ESPN. Then ask them why Frisco Texas at a stadium sponsored by some teir-II or III Pizza Hut agency puts a placard on?

Totally disagree with you.  I don't think you understand the interest for a national championship.

JMU had 500 fans at NDSU last week.  At UNC (about 3-4 hours away) we had about 1,500 fans earlier in the season.  We will have over 10,000 fans at the NC.

For the 2004 Championship run we had 3 times the fans at Chattanooga than the combined three road games to get there. 

Plus the way it's set up now, you have 3 weeks to set up plans/travel after purchasing tickets. 

I'm sure the situation will deter a lot of fans that would of come if seats were available from the school and they could of guaranteed sitting within an YSU section.  I would of gotten this is we were talking about a school like Wofford, but YSU?????

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2016, 10:02:24 AM »
I've achieved the trifecta.  You've threatened to ban me, deleted some posts, and now edited one of my posts.

Anyway, back to the tickets, we have 60% of the enrollment of JMU.  Our average home attendance (13,506*) is 68.2% of JMU's average home attendance.

So JMU can guarantee 7k seats, but we can't guarantee 4k (less than 60% of the JMU total)? 

How can you not at least admit the Athletic Department screwed up?  They've basically created a home field type atmosphere for the opponent.  Because of the actions of the Athletic Department, there is a 1:7 ratio of guaranteed seats in the opponents favor.  Obviously since all of the seats were sold out within hours on Tuesday, and only to loge holders and PC Champions, a massive miscalculation was made.  Season ticket holders and lower level PC members never even had a shot at tickets in the YSU section through YSU. 

This degree of error is a symptom of a larger problem.  Blunders like this are a sign of systemic ineptitude in an organization. 

*Based on magical math

You quoted me with something that I did not say. Going to get an "edit" every time. Just as you edited my quote. ;)

Besides, here you are again ruining every thread with your anti-YSU crap. Obviously they miscalculated but your insistence that this is some sort of epidemic is simply more of your anti-YSU dribble.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:09:37 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2016, 10:15:38 AM »
We are what we are Chief .. get over it or follow another team. Let me add to it:

This board gets over 5k unique visitors a year, Half of those are SPAM. of that 5k, maybe 1k are opposing fans. However there are not more than 500 people who actually post something. Two reasons:

1. They do not know how and too scared to try.
2. Many of them see people like you that trash-talk their own team because somehow you think that you are better than others. YSU knows their market much better than you do.

Laughable.

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2016, 11:05:03 AM »
Let's get this thread back where it belongs, so the Penguin faithful can get seats. I have now been on the phone twice with the the NCAA and the park. There are a TREMENDOUS number of tickets still available. Almost all seats are selling for less than the suggest bid range of $80 to $120. Some sold for as little at $10. I am told that tailgating will be very limited, so there are no pre-sales. These are a flat $20 per spot. No size restrictions, but they do ask that RV's pay the amount that they use. However game parking can be purchase in advance for $10.

Toyota Stadium has asked that we tell fans that renovations to the stadium have eliminated end-zone seating for this year's game. One end zone has a new stage and the other is still under construction.

https://www.ticketliquidator.com near Columbus has purchased 300 tickets. He says most are still available ranging from $65 to $300. He does have NCAA experience tickets.

NCAA outlet is still your best source:

https://fcs.flashseats.com/default.aspx?pid=18&ec=9000000000016140&ss=47#

I would like to see other fans on this board keep this thread open and list locations that they find with tickets.

Offline Redbird Fourthandshort

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2016, 06:33:36 PM »
Hello Penguins .. as you can tell from my user name, I am an ISU Redbird fan.

First of all, congrats on your season and impressive playoff run. YSU has been on the brink several years in a row. I am big time MVFC advocate and felt you deserved a couple bids in recent years .. particularly in 2012 and 2013.

Whatever happens, enjoy the experience despite some of the hurdles along the way. I speak from experience.

ISU nearly had similar experience in our run to 2014 championship, when our sports admin was not prepared for the whole ticket buying aspect. Word got out quick we weren't screening who was buying tickets and Bison pounced. OUr fan board went nuts and our Sports Admin folks quickly recovered, and eventually set up priority reservation system. In the end, we used our entire allotment and then some. In 2014, we only got 2,800, plus 500 seats in corner studet sections, plus our band in the end zone. But it was initially a fiasco and our fans went nuts similar to your fans .. and rightly so.

We've had internal debates about this very thing where some fans were irate, some said it was no big deal. Issue is simple .. if Bison had won their semi, they woudl not only have bough their 4,000 and your 3,000, but also the remaining 13,000. Then you would have had to buy scattered seats from whatever Bison fans didn't need all their tickets .. and your fans would have been few and far between. My view is, fans want to sit together. And you want the full opportunity to use your entire allotment, then fight for wnatever else comes availble .. like we ultimately did after a very flawed start. Bottom line, you want your seats and you want to sit together if possible. Your admin failed you. You guys dominated the 1990's and there is a fan base out there that needs a little mojo .. like a championship run.

As for your Sports Admin saying they didn't want to lose money again .. might be fair concern, except iyou guys have history in championship of helping draw 20k to 30kk in he 1990's. Some of you admin and fans argue, money eas lost on playoff game bids and fan turnout was not good .. so Frisco turnout will not be good.

ISU does not have your history but we knew we would use our allotment. So we shut down Bison trying to buy our tickets .. some threatened to sue us .. and had priority system set up to ensure all Redbird fans got tickets from allotment. We also had fans sprinlkled throughour res of stadum .. I'd say we had close to 4k .. our 3,300 in allotted seats, plus 700 scatter through the 18,000 Bison fans.

My point about our Frisco attendance is this .. we hosted 1st round of playoff. We were MVFC co-champs, 5th seeds, playing big rival UNI .. know what we dreew for that BIG game 5,650 .. and not sure all 5,650 showed up. We also know at leat 700 were UNI. So we had less than 5k at our 1st round home playoff game. Yet somehow managed to get 4k all the way to Frisco for championship .. made Redbird Nation proud and inspired our base. Cool part aside from seeing the turnout in Frisco and hearing how loud we were compared to 18,000 Bison fans .. was watching the team do the walk from the bus to stadium .. team was stunned to see 4k aftr the weak UNI playoff turnout. Spack was fighting back tears in his walk from bus.

The good news for Penguin fans wanting tickets is Bison lost, so a lot of tickets will free up eventually. Problem is, you wont; have all your seats together. It is what it si .. ticket prices will evetually come down. JMU will have good turnout, but I doubt they will be anywhere near Bison 18k. Be a little patient on various ticket buyig sites like NCAA, STubhub, Ebay .. watch the ticket counts and prices every day to monitor acitivity. If you want a good seat, you will have to pay more and buy sooner. If you don;t care how good the seat is .. wait until couple days before .. prices will come down, and tickets should be available with Bison not playing this game.

Again, congrats and enjoy the experience .. we had a blast and nearly brought the trophy home. MOst of Redbird Nation is rooting for YSU Penguins .. way to rep the Valley !!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 06:37:52 PM by Redbird Fourthandshort »

Offline DakotaOkie

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2016, 07:52:20 PM »
A couple things of note regarding Frisco...tailgate parking does have a cost but plain car parking is free all around the stadium (including a covered municipal garage 2 blocks away).  Unless you are completely set on sitting on or around your own car, it is just as simple to wander the tailgate lots and talk to folks (beverage in hand if you wish).  The team walks into the stadium from the buses  from the west side of the stadium should not be missed.  The NCAA also has a fan area set up near the stadium (west side typically) with some games and stuff (not as fun as wandering the tailgate areas, IMHO).   

Most of all, enjoy the experience.  Don't get too hung up on where you sit as much as actually getting into the game.  The game experience is only as good as the you and people around you.

(PS, I have a couple of wristband tickets for the River Club available for a reasonable price of $75 plus trackable shipping costs.  If interested, PM me. )

Offline Guins2019

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2016, 08:14:51 PM »
Does anyone have any tickets left? I am looking for three.