Author Topic: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship  (Read 90936 times)

Offline Dukester

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2017, 10:50:53 AM »
Does anyone know the 7 players suspended by JMU?  Do they compare to our 5 who were not only starters, but significant starters in most cases.  How about the depth of JMU compared to YSU to replace those suspended?  Also it appears that the YSU starters were suspended due to testing by the NCAA.  Any word on the JMU suspensions and their source of the suspensions.  I know that most of this is conjecture since all programs do not release names, let alone reasons and sources of suspensions.

5 of our 7 players out were occasional back ups at most.  We did lose one of our top receivers, and our leading tackler for the year.  Certainly players we would like to have, but those are two positions we had plenty of depth.  Those players were both in rotations....

The difference our offense poses for you guys is that it is both good passing and running.   Before the  suspension of our WR you could argue it's both the best running and passing game JMU has ever had. 

Are defense struggled at times earlier in the season, especially covering receivers.  Your recipe to a win would likely be running the ball, and eating up the clock.....  Our pass coverage of late has been pretty good.  Ask SHSU. 

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2017, 11:04:18 AM »
JSU thought they had a good defense too. so did EWU.

Offline Dukester

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2017, 11:35:35 AM »

You're right - just because we played well against SHSU and NDSU means nothing.   JSU and EWU accomplished the same.....

Offline dirtydukes

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2017, 01:01:23 PM »

How does this relate to our game? Jesus, I'm tired of you pengus hiding behind this.  We heard the same exact thing from NDSU fans... "Oh everyone thinks they can knock us off".   Does anyone on here actually talk football?

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2017, 01:22:41 PM »

How does this relate to our game? Jesus, I'm tired of you pengus hiding behind this.  We heard the same exact thing from NDSU fans... "Oh everyone thinks they can knock us off".   Does anyone on here actually talk football?
Before you throw stones take a look at your board! I was going to post before I saw one of your posters asking the almighty why they had to play a team with the likes of Bo as coach and Jim Tressel as president? Who do you think you are anyway? Notre Dame? Clean up you're own board.

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2017, 02:22:04 PM »

So, Uh, leave ? this isna YSU forum where we can use whatever argument we choose. you are a guest. act like it.

funny how you ignored that the whole argumentnwas started by a JMU fan comparing games vs other teams as well.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:22:44 PM by Guinfan1990 »

Offline dirtydukes

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2017, 03:10:46 PM »
Ah okay so instead of actual football talk it's go back to your (or you're if you are KilrPengWin) board?  Gotcha.  Buncha Uncle Ricos - bet you'd discuss HS football with me.

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2017, 03:17:12 PM »
Ah okay so instead of actual football talk it's go back to your (or you're if you are KilrPengWin) board?  Gotcha.  Buncha Uncle Ricos - bet you'd discuss HS football with me.

Looks like its time for you to get the ban hammer.

Offline dirtydukes

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2017, 04:30:56 PM »

Oh no!

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2017, 09:31:33 PM »

Oh no!

Must have been a picture of your QB when he saw he was facing YSUs defense.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
So back to business. What are we hearing about Smith and Colucci in regards to their status for the game?

Offline Petey

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2017, 08:47:42 PM »
1AA ..... I beleve you are based here in Columbus also? We have a direct flight Friday on Southwest arriving around 6. What time you guys arriving?

GOOOOOO GUINS!!!!!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2017, 10:49:33 AM »
1AA ..... I beleve you are based here in Columbus also? We have a direct flight Friday on Southwest arriving around 6. What time you guys arriving?

GOOOOOO GUINS!!!!!!!

I apologize but I cannot go this year. However my group is all still going. Yes the direct flight out of Port Columbus was less than I thought and I probably could have swung it ...only $268 round trip (again non-stop) if we traveled on Friday and Monday. (or Sunday red-eye). Our group is from the Ytown area and will be traveling out of Akron-Canton and it cost them $417 to leave Friday night. They arrive after midnight. I will get their details and let you know.

Offline Guinfan1990

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2017, 09:38:29 PM »
heard a rumor some JMU parents made some derogatory comments to our players involving their race

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2017, 10:06:26 PM »
heard a rumor some JMU parents made some derogatory comments to our players involving their race

Their mouths run so.much it doesn't surprise me.  They have a loud and annoying fan base with zero humility from all of the datable that I've gathered.  They need some humble pie