Author Topic: FB vs EWW: In Game Thread  (Read 76625 times)

Offline Johnny Scarpacci

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FB vs EWW: In Game Thread
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2016, 10:35:18 PM »
Congrats to your football team from a Bison fan!  What a finish and a great catch!  If you need tickets and rooms, I'm sure there will be plenty of Bison fans willing to give you a good deal. Now go and represent MVF and kick some JMU ass, get as many fans as you can down there!  I've never been more excited for a non-Bison championship game! 

Sorry we couldn't make it an all MVF championship again, we screwed the pooch on that one...

Good luck and have fun!  MVFC all the way!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2016, 10:49:03 PM »
Okay big question ...game ball? Rader or McCaster?

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2016, 10:51:52 PM »
Cut ball inhalf! 8)

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2016, 10:52:02 PM »

Wells,Rader and McCaster all deserve one

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2016, 10:52:24 PM »
I would even say in three and a third to wells too

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2016, 10:56:31 PM »

How about the O-line
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2016, 10:59:44 PM »
Interesting post on the EWU site

Most definitely the turning point. I give Youngstown no credit for this win. Call it sour grapes if you want, but YSU had 2 bogus interceptions and held on the line all day and wasn't called once. All because these refs were too scared of Bo Pelini b****ing all damn game. What a sorry excuse for a coach and a person. Sad that all the seniors on this team worked so hard only to get screwed by a pathetic group of refs. Disgusting.

Damn proud of you guys Eastern! Damn proud. Was it a perfect game? No far from it. But you guys had this game taken away from you. I don't care what anyone else says. YSU did not deserve this game, period.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2016, 11:00:58 PM »
Even the last play of the game, that was huge pass interference by the defensive player haha. did you see the contact leading up to the catch? so just really sour grapes. Just let it lie. Their team fought hard, it is hard to swallow a loss like that.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2016, 11:06:11 PM »

Most definitely the turning point. I give Youngstown no credit for this win. Call it sour grapes if you want, but YSU had 2 bogus interceptions and held on the line all day and wasn't called once. All because these refs were too scared of Bo Pelini b****ing all damn game. What a sorry excuse for a coach and a person. Sad that all the seniors on this team worked so hard only to get screwed by a pathetic group of refs. Disgusting.

Damn proud of you guys Eastern! Damn proud. Was it a perfect game? No far from it. But you guys had this game taken away from you. I don't care what anyone else says. YSU did not deserve this game, period.

What game was he watching? How many libations did he have in the tailgate to keep warm?

Offline penguin8797

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2016, 11:14:30 PM »
Didn't anyone else get upset with Pellini's terrible clock management? How TF do you get first and goal with 44 seconds and 2 timeouts in your pocket and you don't call time out?  There was time enough for at least two additional plays if you actually use you time outs intelligently. That terrible blunder could have cost us if not for an amazing catch.

Offline SE174

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2016, 11:17:01 PM »
Congrats on a great season and great game. A lot of non calls by the refs. Enjoy Frisco.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2016, 11:18:45 PM »

What game was he watching? How many libations did he have in the tailgate to keep warm?

I probably should not have posted the whole thing, I understand they were frustrated. I guess I felt the interesting line was that the the refs were afraid of BO.

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2016, 11:21:33 PM »
Great team effort- top to bottom. Grit. Heart. Passion. It all showed.  True Youngstown.

Z

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2016, 11:49:11 PM »
I'll be the first to admit I thought we were going to lose this game...sorry.  But damn these boys persevered. There is a cheesy movie called "the replacements" (I think) With Keanu Reeves and Gene Hackman.  Towards the end of the movie a reporter asks Hackman what his team needs to win...his answer was "HEART!"  With all the bullsh** that happened this week...this season...this last decade and beyond...HEART won this game.  I don't know if Bo gave them heart or their families or what...but hot damn I am proud of this team.  I will be in Frisco with my 11yr old son and brother in honor of our Dad who taught us to bleed Red And White!!! 

Win or lose...thank you Penguins for a great season!!! 

JUST. f***ING. GUIN. BABY!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2016, 11:51:41 PM »
This team has heart. Led by Bo. What a squad!