Author Topic: Samford @ YSU 5pm Kickoff  (Read 50054 times)

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Samford @ YSU 5pm Kickoff
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2016, 06:41:07 PM »
The Coaches Show will be on the radio tonight at 7pm... It is typically on 1390 WNIO, but I thought I heard Potesta say it will be on 570 tonight.
Think Ohio State has a hoops game so that is probably why.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2016, 08:22:17 PM »
Good Rookery Radio interviews with Tim Pozgai and Trent Hosick worth listening to:
https://soundcloud.com/cdcrisan2/tim-pozsgai-and-corey-crisan-talk-ysu-football-and-fcs-playoffs-on-the-timeout/recommended

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2016, 04:33:03 AM »
Good Rookery Radio interviews with Tim Pozgai and Trent Hosick worth listening to:
https://soundcloud.com/cdcrisan2/tim-pozsgai-and-corey-crisan-talk-ysu-football-and-fcs-playoffs-on-the-timeout/recommended
If anyone could come back from this type of injury Trent could. Most quarterbacks never do and their throwing motion is cut down in half. .Best of luck to this young man

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2016, 08:51:07 AM »
Fever  "If anyone could come back from this type of injury Trent could. Most quarterbacks never do and their throwing motion is cut down in half. .Best of luck to this young man"

I never heard of this?  I alwasy thought collarbones healed are fine.  Note the quote from http://www.emedicinehealth.com/ below:

Many broken collarbones heal on their own. If you don't need surgery, you will use a sling to keep your arm and shoulder from moving while the bone heals. An adult wears a sling for a few days or up to a week. A child may need one for 3 to 4 weeks.

You can begin simple exercises immediately and move on to strengthening exercises when they don't cause pain. Ask your doctor when it is safe to begin to exercise. If you start too soon, the broken collarbone may not heal well. If you are active, do not play sports or other activities until you can move your shoulder easily and it feels strong.

To help relieve pain, try acetaminophen or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, such as ibuprofen or naproxen.

Surgery may be recommended for severe breaks. When the ends of the broken bone do not line up with each other (displaced), surgery is more likely. Many experts believe surgery is especially important in young, active people.

After surgery, you will use a sling for up to 6 weeks. Your doctor or physical therapist will teach you gentle exercises to keep your shoulder moving for about 6 weeks, until you can start exercises to get your strength back. Most people have returned to all their activities by 3 months after surgery.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2016, 09:16:51 AM »
Trent's injury was very severe Go. Multiple fractures and shattered if you will. The good thing for him is he short arm's the ball in the first place

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2016, 09:39:09 AM »
Trent's injury was very severe Go. Multiple fractures and shattered if you will. The good thing for him is he short arm's the ball in the first place
As I read a bunch of stuff on-line (it's on the internet, so it must be true!) once the bone heals it's healed.  I can find no examples of QB's with broken collarbones, regardless of severity, that didn't come back to full mobility.  I just think you were being a bit melodramatic.   Frankly it doesn’t seem very important as he isn’t going to make a living playing football, and at this point is #3 behind Hunter and Ricky.  Kid better use the time in class. 

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2016, 10:31:14 AM »
The online version doesn't show how much ink YSU got in this morning's Naples Daily News.  It's the majority of space above the fold, with a big pic of Bishop tackling a MSU receiver.  Very nice article:

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2016/11/21/college-football-notebook-souths-kenny-bishop-logs-stellar-game-youngstown-state/94227762/
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2016, 10:40:36 AM »
The online version doesn't show how much ink YSU got in this morning's Naples Daily News.  It's the majority of space above the fold, with a big pic of Bishop tackling a MSU receiver.  Very nice article:

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2016/11/21/college-football-notebook-souths-kenny-bishop-logs-stellar-game-youngstown-state/94227762/
Nice article.  Didn't know why Naples would know or care what YSU was doing, but Bishop's home town.  Good for him.  Hope he is healthy for playoffs.
Does anybody have "complete" injury list? IE Davis, Ruiz, Rivers, Thompson, Kennedy etc?

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2016, 11:48:54 AM »
Does anybody have "complete" injury list? IE Davis, Ruiz, Rivers, Thompson, Kennedy etc?

Dana will ask coach for one on their show tomorrow evening.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2016, 12:15:27 PM »

Dana will ask coach for one on their show tomorrow evening.
[/quote]
Yep, but asking Bo a question regarding substantive facts is very often not rewarded with a candid answer!  Wish we had college betting so they would have to issue honest injury reports!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2016, 02:05:03 PM »
YSU minus 8.5.  O/U 50.5

My 0.02......YSU covers and stay away from the O/U.  YSU's run game won't stop with MSU. 

Massey predicts a score of 28-20 and gives YSU a 75% chance of winning.

Largest spread of first round: Chatty minus 15 vs Weber State

Other MVFC:  ISUr minus 1.5 versus Central Arkansas.....interesting that the team that doesn't belong is favored.  :D

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:06:47 PM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
Wonder what kind of crowd, if any, Samford will bring ???

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2016, 04:09:39 PM »
wonder what kind of crowd we will bring.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2016, 05:56:22 PM »
Tickets in hand!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2016, 05:57:54 PM »
I really liked the Hosick interview!  Nice to hear a kid talk about using the time to heal mentally, physically, and spiritually.  Seems like a very good kid.  Hope he comes back next year and is able to help the team somehow.  As for Samford, I will be there with my wife and two little ones.  Going to cheer loudly and help support our home field advantage.  #goguins