Author Topic: Samford @ YSU 5pm Kickoff  (Read 50365 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Samford @ YSU 5pm Kickoff
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2016, 07:26:54 AM »
Just finished watching their overtime loss to the Citadel. They have speed and athleticism across the board and they are a good football team. Citadel had success with the triple option and getting their backs in space. I think we have the players to play man coverage aginst them. That along with a strong pass rush could make it very difficult for their Qb. I'm still thinking our best defense will be long sustained drives by our offense to give our defense the rest they will need to continually defend the pass. Carl needs to dial up a great game plan and I think he will. My pick 27-13 YSU

Completely agree, this game is about time of possession.  I wouldn't be surprised to see even higher scoring among both teams.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2016, 07:33:24 AM »
I'm happy to say I will be one of however many fans show up. I know for a fact that all the players and coaches appreciate the fans that do come. After every home win this year I got a handshake along the sidelines and a sincere thank you from every player on the squad. I've heard that the team has had great preparation for the game and is ready to go. On a side note it was reported in the Vindicator that Avery is not expected to start..So let's get behind whoever is playing today and cheer the Guins on to victory so we can get to round 2 and J.S.U.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2016, 08:13:23 AM »
I heard 6,500 seats remaining, not sold. I possibly heard it backwards, but I don't think so.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2016, 08:31:39 AM »
I heard 6,500 seats remaining, not sold. I possibly heard it backwards, but I don't think so.
You heard it backwards from everyone I talked to. I wish you were right.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2016, 10:04:33 AM »

6,500 sold. Sad but true.