Author Topic: FB vs MSU In-Game thread  (Read 21180 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FB vs MSU In-Game thread
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2016, 08:51:28 AM »

Credible passing threat is best thing for run game.  Same as run game best to set up passing game.  Hunter is so much better throwing the ball than the other guys it really makes a difference.  The TD drive at the end of the half with no time outs was a thing of beauty.  Several plays, especially TD pass Hunter made and Davis et.al. could have only dreamed of making.   Best single drive in at least 19 years.
Getting Hunter back in the swing of things bodes well for the playoffs.  However, Kennedy is critical.  At least McFadden is good from close in.
I agree with this post..Just a little surprised it took 7 weeks and a injury to Davis to figure it out
The two TD passes to the corner of the end zone in the last two games were a thing of beauty. We just have to give him time to make the throw and hope the receivers won't drop it.
Watching from yesterday's game, McFadden was able to kick it straight while the other guy hooked it every time. With that hook, he wouldn't hit any field goals from 30 yards out.

I'm not to worried about FG's it's the missed extra points that kill me??!?! Did I see Ole #49 with a shoe on??

How about #9? Did not look good when they helped him off the field.

Last year for #29 and #20. Seem like we are in good hands with # 37 and # 30 next year 8)

#6 looked good against MSU BUT I think Stevie Wonder could have completed some passes on them LOL!! J.k. I hope he's back into some sort of rhythm w/ the WR's.

Great to see some points scored finally, just wish it was against xDSU's  :P

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2016, 09:16:47 AM »

I'm not to worried about FG's it's the missed extra points that kill me??!?! Did I see Ole #49 with a shoe on??

How about #9? Did not look good when they helped him off the field.

Last year for #29 and #20. Seem like we are in good hands with # 37 and # 30 next year 8)

#6 looked good against MSU BUT I think Stevie Wonder could have completed some passes on them LOL!! J.k. I hope he's back into some sort of rhythm w/ the WR's.

Great to see some points scored finally, just wish it was against xDSU's  :P
[/quote]
xDSU'ers don't matter now.  I believe this is correct.  JT played for 6 national championships, winning 4 and won -0- regular season league championships. 
You play to get in the playoffs and we are playing the best all season right now!  That is what is most important.  We need Moss, Rivers, and Kennedy to be health, that is my only wish going in.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2016, 10:02:02 AM »
Lots of crazy stats from this game, including out rushing a single opponent by +500 yards etc.
Funniest stat of the day? 5070 attendance.  I could have gone around and shook every hand of the fans in the stands and halftime and not missed a play!
While a number of you on the blog have suggested (IMO correctly) we should have far more "butts in the seats", we are FAR better than most of the league's teams in attendance.  Last season we were #2 MVFC on home attendance. (to NDSU)
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2016, 11:18:43 AM »
Yes Red. Connor is wearing a shoe this year. I figure it is for distance. His dad says he has worn a shoe in the past. Just an FYI on his performance last weekend:

FG: 1 for 1 (28-yards)
XP: 5 for 5

If it were not for so many "studly" performances ...he would certainly be my game ball. Probably still is.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2016, 11:27:34 AM »
Yes Red. Connor is wearing a shoe this year. I figure it is for distance. His dad says he has worn a shoe in the past. Just an FYI on his performance last weekend:

FG: 1 for 1 (28-yards)
XP: 5 for 5

If it were not for so many "studly" performances ...he would certainly be my game ball. Probably still is.

I'd say he got the nod after the missed XP from the one kicking before him.