YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Football vs. SIU: In Game Thread

<< < (9/12) > >>

ytownchief22:
SIU has a really good offense. Except for the 2 drives late, I thought they played decently. A lot of guys are banged up. A win is a win people. Relax.

ValleyTalk:
GREAT DAY TO BE A PENGUIN!!!

Big wins for football over Randy Dunn's SIU and for basketball over the Akron Kangaroos.

Wick250:
Against MVFC teams that are still in playoff contention, Southern Illinois scored 21 on UNI, 39 on SDSU, and 28 on Illinois State.  They do not play NDSU this year.  The 14 points that they scored against us were a season low, strangely tied with their 14 against Indiana State.  Cannot ask for much more from our defense, especially with the injury issues.

This game would have been a whole lot easier had the receiver caught the ball that passed right through his hands in the end zone on our first possession.  21-0 at the half and I wonder if SIU would have played with much enthusiasm after intermission.  At least it was encouraging to see the offense respond in the fourth quarter after we blew the lead.

Missouri State appears to have just gone through the motions on the road at Illinois State.  I wonder if we dare rest Rivers and any other walking wounded next Saturday.  I am not suggesting that we don't go all out to win that game, but perhaps we should travel with the injured but keep them off the field if things are going well.  It sure was bizarre to see Rivers come out of the game on every third down.  Has to be relatively serious.

IAA Fan:
Yes on that pass Wick. I thought the same thing when he missed it. This could come back to haunt us. I had the same feeling on Wells' first pass that was a dropped INT. Somehow we are plying through these things. That #17 for SIU is the best all-around receiver that we have faced. On that end of the game jump ball it was no surprise he out-jumped everyone and caught it on the 1. Did anyone else see the wide-opened WR in the corner of the end-zone that the QB missed? He was just standing their & I was yelling. It was an exciting game.

You are 100% right on the offense's lack of ID. I have never seen so many different plays called in my life. It is clear that coach M is trying everything that he can to get this offense moving. Nice to see & would love to see something work.

Could I address the attendance? People if we manage to get into the post-season and we have a home game ...we have to do so much better that 5k-6k that we had yesterday. What is with all the tailgate left-overs, get in the d**n game! We have a good overall product on the field & the fans should no how important they are to this new team. We will have the national media in attendance and we are a reflection of NE Ohio ...especially the Mahoning and Shenango Valley. We need to get it done at all costs. I have both of my brother's families in town for Thanksgiving and it is great. We will need 11-tickets & there are 4 children & 2 grandchildren that have never seen a play-off atmosphere and I want them to remember this. Even my daughter is not really old enough to remember the 90's, even though she was alive. So it is up to us "old-timers" to let everyone know the responsibilities and rewards. It cannot be ticket sales; it must be "butts-in-the-seats".

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on November 13, 2016, 12:28:38 AM ---Against MVFC teams that are still in playoff contention, Southern Illinois scored 21 on UNI, 39 on SDSU, and 28 on Illinois State.  They do not play NDSU this year.  The 14 points that they scored against us were a season low, strangely tied with their 14 against Indiana State.  Cannot ask for much more from our defense, especially with the injury issues.

This game would have been a whole lot easier had the receiver caught the ball that passed right through his hands in the end zone on our first possession.  21-0 at the half and I wonder if SIU would have played with much enthusiasm after intermission.  At least it was encouraging to see the offense respond in the fourth quarter after we blew the lead.

--- End quote ---
Good post Wick..I would like to add the 300 yards on the ground was very impressive. Know other Missouri conference foe could come close to that against the Salukis run defense

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version