Author Topic: Post- game Thoughts Jacks 24-10 over the Penguins.  (Read 21324 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Post- game Thoughts Jacks 24-10 over the Penguins.
« on: October 22, 2016, 06:18:27 PM »
First thought. This was a winnable game! More to come! Fire away!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Post- game Thoughts Jacks 24-10 over the Penguins.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 06:26:30 PM »
This game was lost in the first 5 min.  The game plan was thrown out the window and we tried to plat catch up.  Should have run first then passed.  We all saw it Hannon and Samarone saw it.  Sad.....
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:33:10 PM by Buddy »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 06:32:08 PM »
How fitting of ESPN to show Wells and our offense shredding their defense and ruining their hobo day two years ago..lol

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 06:34:39 PM »
All the wells haters should be happy.  They got what they wanted.  He is not pour QB. 

Offline WeAreYoungstown

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »
Wells is a quitter. it's pretty sad that he got beat out by those two quarterbacks. Where does he think he's going to transfer and play if he can't beat out those two?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 07:01:12 PM »
We have the worst QB in the conference as a starter.  We have an OC that decided to pass the ball against a team we could clearly run against causing the defense to tire out because they were on the field all day.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 07:28:24 PM »
I still will add in some defense of Davis ...he got nothing up front today ...in terms of pass protection.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:37 PM »
I am really not interested in opinions; rather I want facts that are backed up by empirical data.  In this case, the facts prove that this offense is inept, and that our shortcomings on that side of the ball are sabotaging a wonderful defense.  We can vent for hours about this performance, but this fact will not change.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:49 PM »
This game was lost in the first 5 min.  The game plan was thrown out the window and we tried to plat catch up.  Should have run first then passed.  We all saw it Hannon and Samarone saw it.  Sad.....

Pretty much says it all
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 07:38:07 PM »
SDSU is going to Frisco.  This was a respectable loss to a quality opponent on their Homecoming Day in front of a near sell-out.  Unless there's a meltdown, we are in the playoffs..and seeded if we run the table.

Take away the two short field SDSU TDs after YSU turnovers, and this game is tied.  We had twice as many penalties.  Much of the damage was self-inflicted.

Davis is not the same after the recent injuries.  He received those injuries being an all-in player sacrificing himself for the team.  But he's not the same...I'd let him cool off and start Mays for ISUb.

It's not all the QB. 6 sacks and 7 TFLs? The o line also was responsible for some terrible penalties.

I have no idea why McCaster doesnt start.

Our Achilles heel...again...is the offense.  Monty is the FB Slocum.  We will not reach Frisco with Monty as OC.  Fire Monty now so we at least have a shot before Bo leaves.

SDSU has FCOA schollies, and a huge recruiting advantage.  It may be that w/o FCOA, we'll never be top tier in the MVFC.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 07:57:55 PM »
I said this at the start of the season and I will say it again..This offense needs a quarterback who can throw down the field..These teams are just putting 9 in the box and daring us to throw and each time they gain more knowledge and it takes away from our running game

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 08:03:02 PM »
If we had Wells in today.  We would of won.  Davis I agree is a team player.  But,  like I have said over and over he is a good athlete playing QB. The conference is on too him and like I said would happen it's blowing up for him and hurting his teammates.  Mays needs to start.  If we have any future with him it's time.  The radio guys says Davis has not improved at all since the West Virginia game.  He reminds me of Tim Tebow a freak athlete but just not a QB.  As Wells being a quitter.  Why wouldn't he.   It was a known fact on the street and in the program that Bo wanted to make this change.  It started with the rotation etc and the addition of Hosick.  He could of quit but quite honestly he wasn't in the plans and it was obvious as fall camp went on that Bo wanted Davis and Hosick to be the guys.  Montys guys were sending signals. So this wasn't a Monty call completely he recruited Wells and thought he would be special.  BUT Wolford had to win now and another running QB was a flop and he had to start as a true freshman. Instead of sitting and earning the job like should. What's done is done.  Davis and Mays is what we got the next 2 yrs. I know they are looking at 2 kids next year but not the time to talk.  My next post is about Monty. But time for Bucks game.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 08:15:21 PM »

6 sacks and 7 TFLs.  What would've happened with an immobile* QB with a lower passing efficiency than Davis?

*not truly immobile...he went in reverse w/ minus 44 yard rushing last season.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 08:34:41 PM »
Bo said after the game that Ricky's job is up for grabs
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:43:37 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 08:59:07 PM »
Penguin Nation, how many points has Ricky put on the board the last 2 games. I see an offense that has regressed since he took over.  We have no passing game at all now,  which now has slowed our running game. Funny how Wells wasn't a running QB but he was still putting points on the board and making the throws upfield.  That isn't happening now.  When Hunter took over he had to put points on the board because our D wasn't any good. Now with a better D and a healthy line an a receiving core that is supposed to be better Ricky isn't getting it done.  Honestly I was hoping he could because of how bad I want us to win.  I have seen enough football to know that right now Ricky isn't our future.  That might change.  The only way to change that is to make him a game manager and in this offense that demands so much QB IQ it's not happening. 
A Penguin for life!!!