Author Topic: SDSU In-Game  (Read 28664 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: SDSU In-Game
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2016, 06:09:52 PM »
We lost this one real early. We need to go back to a Montgomery offense. Maybe Wells will not transfer and we can bring him back. In the mean time, we are going to have consider starting Mays. To keep this offense, we need two more years of recruiting and I am not certain that I have the patience.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2016, 06:15:02 PM »
It almost looked like Davis was drawing plays up in the dirt calling his number every time.. Not even high school football.  More like backyard football

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2016, 06:18:01 PM »
We lost this one real early. We need to go back to a Montgomery offense. Maybe Wells will not transfer and we can bring him back. In the mean time, we are going to have consider starting Mays. To keep this offense, we need two more years of recruiting and I am not certain that I have the patience.
I agree..The sad thing about this is that wasn't that great of a defense we faced..If it wasn't for our defense this year we could very easily be 2-5..This offense needs to take some pressure off of our defense..I would go with Mays next week

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2016, 06:36:07 PM »

Montgomery is an fing moron

Offline WeAreYoungstown

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2016, 06:53:21 PM »
Montgomery has proven time and time again that he is completely incompetent in running an offense. Its absolutely asinine to think that we need to keep giving him chances. The sad thing is there is so much talent on our team, but our guys are not put in situations to be successful. Our offense is so bad that on third and long situations deep in our own territory, we are better off putting than risking a turnover resulting in points. (exaggerating there on the last sentence)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2016, 06:59:26 PM »
Is it too late to take the red shirt off Wells and put back in for the next game. I hate to say this. I rather have Mays in the game instead of Davis. All Davis wants to do is look for a reason to run. If he thinks he sees a hole, he is running. If the 1st receiver is not open, he is running. If the pass pattern takes a little longer to develop, he is running. All the balls he threw today, except for couple of them,  were either high, or low or off target. For some of those high and low balls, he was saved by the receivers.
Against a poor defense, he might be ok. However, he will not take us to the promised land.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2016, 07:10:47 PM »
Is it too late to take the red shirt off Wells and put back in for the next game. I hate to say this. I rather have Mays in the game instead of Davis. All Davis wants to do is look for a reason to run. If he thinks he sees a hole, he is running. If the 1st receiver is not open, he is running. If the pass pattern takes a little longer to develop, he is running. All the balls he threw today, except for couple of them,  were either high, or low or off target. For some of those high and low balls, he was saved by the receivers.
Against a poor defense, he might be ok. However, he will not take us to the promised land.

Amd he can't read a defense either

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2016, 10:12:01 AM »
A healthy Wells has always been our best option, IMO.  However, that option hasn't existed since the spring, and maybe not even then.  He is NOT healthy.  Plus, you dump a young man that had worked hard for you, going out and bringing in a run/throw guy for JC and then giving the job to a run first, maybe throw if he must, classmate and you expect the guy to be loyal?  You gain loyalty be being loyal.  We shafted Hunter; he is going to shaft us.  Like it, don't like it, but live with it.
I'm also not sure you are blaming the right guy in Monty.  He scored a ton of points under Wolford. Look it up.  When Bo came in and made him go to a running QB, the wheels have really come off.  I think the change in QB style was executed by Pelini and he will ultimately need to answer for the ineptitude.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!