Author Topic: Pelini & Purdue?  (Read 23288 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pelini & Purdue?
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 03:56:48 PM »
Not sure I follow you here.  Yes, of course they are rumors.  Until the press conference, they are rumors.  But in my, and others, Balash has done a poor job of trying to get to the facts here.  To not even ask him brings up real issues of credibility, because obviously Pelini has preapproval of interview questions and Balash is a shill not an interviewer at all.  He is guilty of misrepresenting himself and his profession

IMO, it's a waste of time watching Penguin Gameday.  Questions of substance won't be asked, and any answer will not be challenged.  It's not just Balash, there was a pre-game radio interview with our AD in which the interviewer gushed over the AD.  Bob Hannon is the only one with anything resembling a testicle as he will at least prod a little with his questions. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 04:31:33 PM »
Not sure I follow you here.  Yes, of course they are rumors.  Until the press conference, they are rumors.  But in my, and others, Balash has done a poor job of trying to get to the facts here.  To not even ask him brings up real issues of credibility, because obviously Pelini has preapproval of interview questions and Balash is a shill not an interviewer at all.  He is guilty of misrepresenting himself and his profession

IMO, it's a waste of time watching Penguin Gameday.  Questions of substance won't be asked, and any answer will not be challenged.  It's not just Balash, there was a pre-game radio interview with our AD in which the interviewer gushed over the AD.  Bob Hannon is the only one with anything resembling a testicle as he will at least prod a little with his questions.

So true and so sad.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2016, 07:45:07 PM »
Guys lets give dana a bit of a break here. Should he have asked the question? Yes, but he didn't start this all. 247 sports started this all and then Dana reported on what they had said.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 10:17:34 PM »
Penguin Gameday is about YSU football.  Not the time to ask a question about a rumor about HC.  But I agree the media here is weak. We are playing for f***ing first place.  Pelini would want the focus of the team and the fans on this game.  Not him!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »
Guys lets give dana a bit of a break here. Should he have asked the question? Yes,

My question, why cut him a break?  As YOU note, he didn't as the damn question.  He is a professional reporter, not a college player.  I think it is reasonable to expect professional behavior from a paid professional. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2016, 07:22:23 PM »
You have a fair point Go. He should ask. But he did report on it was what I was getting at. I concede your point though.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2016, 07:49:18 PM »
Of course the question should have been asked.  The question went to the core of the YSU FB program, and its future.

I heard Bob Hannon being interviewed and he said his position as play-by-play announcer had to be approved by the AD and the SID...even though it's broadcast by a non-University radio station. My suspicion is the University controls the local media with an iron fist, and would limit their access if a line was crossed.  What else explains the media blackout on the Jerry Slocum contract renewal scandal?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2016, 09:11:54 PM »
Of course the question should have been asked.  The question went to the core of the YSU FB program, and its future.

I heard Bob Hannon being interviewed and he said his position as play-by-play announcer had to be approved by the AD and the SID...even though it's broadcast by a non-University radio station. My suspicion is the University controls the local media with an iron fist, and would limit their access if a line was crossed.  What else explains the media blackout on the Jerry Slocum contract renewal scandal?

They probably have a contract that allows them to approve the voice of the university.  Not uncommon

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2016, 12:46:51 AM »
"Scandal" ...LOL. Give us a break please? I do not know a single individual that did not know well in advance ...both the the Vindy and Trib published it immediately. Is it a scandal because they did not call you first? :)

All college has to have their announcer or "voice" approved. Look how many dozens of radio stations carry the buckeye games ...they are not all directly affiliated in any way, but they all are affiliated with IMG, which is the Buckeyes network...Keels is on all of them including the internet station. He also does the WBNS TV Buckeye games. When I do get a chance to watch a Buckeyes game, I turn down the TV and listen to Keels. I also turn on Hannon during the TV broadcasts of Guin games, but the delay on-line can be bad. I noticed that if I use the internet on my phone, it is pretty close.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:48:44 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2016, 10:10:17 AM »
"Scandal" ...LOL. Give us a break please? I do not know a single individual that did not know well in advance ...both the the Vindy and Trib published it immediately. Is it a scandal because they did not call you first? :)

All college has to have their announcer or "voice" approved. Look how many dozens of radio stations carry the buckeye games ...they are not all directly affiliated in any way, but they all are affiliated with IMG, which is the Buckeyes network...Keels is on all of them including the internet station. He also does the WBNS TV Buckeye games. When I do get a chance to watch a Buckeyes game, I turn down the TV and listen to Keels. I also turn on Hannon during the TV broadcasts of Guin games, but the delay on-line can be bad. I noticed that if I use the internet on my phone, it is pretty close.

I really like the Hannon/Sammarone radio team, so much so I also listen to the radio broadcast while its on ESPN3 even if the timing is way off.  Both Hannon and Sammarone are candid in their analysis, and both (esp Hannon) have been associated with the program for decades.  Its always amusing to hear them mock the visitors facilities when calling road games.  :D

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2016, 04:38:11 PM »
Speaking of the duo Nation, they basically said this past week that SDSU went from worse than most area High school stadiums in our area to one of the best facilities in the FCS. They were very complimentary of the new digs.