Author Topic: Pelini & Purdue?  (Read 23306 times)

Offline Iceman

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Pelini & Purdue?
« on: October 19, 2016, 03:32:02 AM »
With all the Power 5 jobs that will be open after the season, good bet he's gone

http://247sports.com/Article/The-Purdue-Boilermakers-should-do-their-diligence-on-Bo-Pelini-48338197

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pelini & Purdue?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 04:43:24 AM »
Thing is, would he really? I think it has to be a good power 5 job. He is making just as much here (at least until 2019 and courtesy of Nebraska) as Purdue's last coach did...

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 08:50:31 AM »
No lol. What a stinker of a job.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 09:56:40 AM »
No lol. What a stinker of a job.
I agree.  Nebraska money, FCS small town pressure, great combination for life of Nebraska contract. 
If he moves it will be to a P5 program that is currently having success.  No 2-10 rebuilding jobs with alumni calling for your head after the second loss of your second season.  BUT he will need to win some big games and get in the playoffs for balance of YSU years or he will be forgotten.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 10:19:43 AM »
I would normally think there is nothing to this, but the tweet from Dana Balash was ominous.  A HC can express interest in another job in a clandestine way, and no one except the inner circle ever knows.  Maybe Bo is letting the FBS world know he's on the market, even if Purdue isn't his objective?  Maybe he's using it as leverage at YSU?  Seems doubtful.  Either way, it appears clear that he's willing to bolt YSU prior to the end of the 2018 season when the NE $$ runs out.  I hope he leaves Carl here to become the next HC, but I suspect Carl will be his DC wherever he goes.

These rumors of a HC leaving can't be good for recruiting.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:25:15 AM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 10:26:25 AM »
I would normally think there is nothing to this, but the tweet from Dana Balash was ominous.  A HC can express interest in another job in a clandestine way, and no one except the inner circle ever knows.  Maybe Bo is letting the FBS world know he's on the market, even if Purdue isn't his objective?  Maybe he's using it as leverage at YSU?  Seems doubtful.  Either way, it appears clear that he's willing to bolt YSU prior to the end of the 2018 season when the NE $$ runs out.  I hope he leaves Carl here to become the next HC, but I suspect Carl will be his DC wherever he goes.
Leverage against YSU?  Leverage for what?  Certainly not a pay raise.  Not statium improvements (already scheduled) What?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 10:29:31 AM »
Leverage against YSU?  Leverage for what?  Certainly not a pay raise.  Not statium improvements (already scheduled) What?

That's why I followed it with "seems doubtful."  I'm just trying to brainstorm with limited info.  Maybe he's getting friction from the AD for wanting to replace his idiot OC and he's PO'ed? Who knows?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »
http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/oct/19/ysu-set-for-road-test-vs-sdsu/

"All of those hurdles might be enough but a report by Purdue.247Sports.com about Pelini being interested in the Purdue head coaching position is not likely to help focus a team playing for sole possession of first place in the MVFC.

A call to Pelini was not returned Tuesday. YSU athletic director (mo)Ron Strollo had no official comment."

He could just deny interest in the Purdue job and end this.....but he's not.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:22:03 PM by Penguin Nation »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 10:38:05 AM »
JT back on the sidelines at the Castle?

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/if-bo-pelini-leaves-jim-tressels-next-hire-youngstown-states-head-coach-jim-tressel

There's no way.  If he leaves his job as YSU's prez, it'll be for elected office.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 10:44:17 AM »
JT back on the sidelines at the Castle?

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/if-bo-pelini-leaves-jim-tressels-next-hire-youngstown-states-head-coach-jim-tressel

There's no way.  If he leaves his job as YSU's prez, it'll be for elected office.
Agreed
He was the best coach we've ever had, he is the best YSU President we've ever had, and I think he'd be the best Governor we’re ever had!  Run JT Run! 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »
Bo will not leave until his youngest daughter graduates from Cardinal Mooney. His son graduates this year.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »
For Dana to Tweet that speaks volumes. He is going to get his money either way if not more. My gut feeling tells me he will not be back next season

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 11:22:39 AM »
Go Guins is right, Pelini 5-6 is first year here, and he left Nebraska not on good terms.  Many college presidents and ADS don't want to deal with him, just the way it is.

Also, his position so unique, he doesn't need the money that comes with a Big 10 job, Nebraska is taking care of that.  Pelini is still attractive as a defensive coordinator at the big time FBS level, but his luster has worn off as a head coach, unless he wins big here.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 11:28:59 AM »
"For Dana to Tweet that speaks volumes."
If he were breaking the news maybe, but the story is all over the internet.  Much of it out of Nebraska as funny as that sounds.  teeeting means nothing if it is a follow-up to a viral story.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 01:09:08 PM »
For Dana to Tweet that speaks volumes. He is going to get his money either way if not more. My gut feeling tells me he will not be back next season

Dana was just tweeting what 247 sports said. Dana is not some insider lol.